Chapter 1- Falling

it was a beautiful summer morning, a little breeze blowing from the north made it perfect. I got my ripped jeans, plaid shirt on! when I got downstairs I put my boots on, cowboy boots to be exact. I stepped onto the front porch to see my stallion of a horse standing by the barn. He was my birthday present this year. most girls want a car when they turn 17 but I wanted him. his names Charlie. When I got to the barn I had to feed, brush and get the saddle ready for me to go riding. Charlie loves going out through the fields and up in the trails but this morning was different. We were trotting along the side fence when a lone car drove by us. " who do you think that fancy ass is Charlie? I hope he isn't gonna try and buy are farm, we've been getting a lot of those kind of guys". He made his typical horse nay and grunt. Charlie and I watched the car as it drove away. A few hours later we saw it again. I brought Charlie to the road and pulled up beside the car. " are you guys lost? if you are you can come over and we can help you out!" The young guy in the drivers seat looked about 30years old but I noticed someone on the passages side. " yes mam, I'll follow you to the house, we are so lost, I've never been out here before". I motioned him to follow me and he did. We got to the house and my grandfather came out to meet our guests. " howdy do, names Bob, where you guys from?" the other gentleman shook my grandfathers hand " my names Jim and this is my son Jake. We are from Canada." I looked an saw him, Jake. He had black hair and blue eyes, he was about 18 and was strong. I went to get off my horse to meet him and I fell flat on my face. Jake ran over to see if I was okay, he picked me up and brushed me off. " My names Elizabeth but you can call my Lizzy, I'm 17. How old are you?" he came over an shook my hand " I just turned 18 a few days ago, nice place you have here". "Thanks, want me to show you around?" I grabbed his hand to show him which way to go. " this place is beautiful, how much room do you guys have here?" "well our house can hold a family of 10 but it's only us two here, that's why I got the horse, Charlie. " "well me and my father are trying to find a place to stay the weekend but we can't find a hotel, do you know of any?" I looked up at him " you and your dad can just stay here, we have the room and it would be nice to have company." " alright I'll ask my father to see if it's okay but I'd love too!" We continued our walk talking about everything, I think I'm falling for a stranger but I wonder how he feels?