Alone Together

It had been a painfully hot day, I grumbled and put on basketball shorts. And grabbed a shirt with Iron Man on it. I walked outside. And made my way to the music store.

My good friend Frank works there. I walked in but it wasn't Frank. Some new guy, I walked over to him at the counter "hi, do you know where Frank Iero is?" I said "he works here." I added. He shook his head "he's not here right now he's out sick today." He responded.

"Oh alright thanks, Emmie by the way." He smiled "Pete." I nodded and walked around the store and looked around. I like his face. I mentally face palmed. I sighed and grabed a random CD I'll probably never listen to and walked up to the counter.

" Do you wanna get coffee?" Pete asked. I looked up "sure, when?" I asked slightly regretting what I said. " Weellll I get off right now, so is now good?" He answered, I noded at him. He put my CD in a bag and handed it to me. "Thanks." I mumbled " anytime " he responded.

"You ready?" I asked Pete, "yeah lets go." He smiled. We made our way to the coffee shop, once we were in a practvly screamed it was so cold in the shop it felt great due to the hot weather. Pete and I walked up to the counter "I'd like to have a chocolate mocha please." He ordered " Id like a plain coffee." I also ordered. The lady smiled and said something about taking a seat.

We walked and sat in a small booth, once we got our drinks we began to talk. "How'd you meet Frank?" He questioned I instantly closed my eyes and shook my head. Pete tilted is head slightly "what's wrong?," he asked. Frank and I met by him spilling smoothie on me on my first day at work." He nodded for me to continue " I still got the job." I laughed a little.

We finished our drinks and tossed them. We walked back to his car it was small, but I liked it. We drove back to the store. "Is there any where special you need to be?" He asked "nope. Just home" I answered " and where is that?" He laughed "6523 Vessel Drive." I answered him. It took a few minutes but we got there there. I quickly write my number slopply on a napkin I left it on the seat, my mind wandering for a minute.

"Hey Emmie?" He waved his hand in my face. I blinked a couple times "yeah sorry." I said, we should get coffee again sometime." He smiled holy taco that's cute. "Definitely but how do I know you not an axe murderer?" I laughed.