The Moon and The Sun

And so the sun loved the moon sooo much... he died every night so she could breath.

It was a tragic fate on his behalf. He was infatuated with her beauty, her luster, and her shine. Even though he could only witness her from the other side of the world, and only briefly, each night before he went away, and each morning when he was resurrected. He was enthralled.

She never did notice him though, her back was almost always turned towards him. She had never even known of his existence, too busy admiring herself in her reflection on the sea.

She was clueless as to the great pains he had suffered just in order for her to shine. She seemed clueless that there was anything more to life and death than her own reflection.

Until one night, earths star decided to approach his long time affection, during that small amount of time, when both the sun and the moon were low in the sky, the sun rising and the moon lowering. He tried to catch her before she disappeared, darting forward before his time had come to rise. Rising and lowering around Earths lovely curves, making the day zoom by.

But what The Star didn't realize was that, he too, had only been admiring the moon's reflection all this time. So when he rushed towards her, he crashed into the sea, sending sparks and water and ashes in all directions. By the time he had realized his own mistake, it was too late. He was already sinking, and no longer burning at all.
All the light was sucked right out of him as he burnt out, sinking down to the bottom of the sea.