Chapter one- I look to you

As I sit on the couch waiting for something to happen I begin to think. I ran to my room and grabbed my song book. I turned to a fresh page and begin writing. I didn't stop for one second. An hour had past when I got done.

"Jae-Marie Reneè Johnson, please come down and help me with the groceries!" My aunty yelled from downstairs. I got up to put my song book back in its hiding spot then made my way down to the kitchen. I kept quite as I put away the food. To tell you the truth I really dont talk much. I keep to myself because you can't really trust people anymore. As I put up everything I kept thinking of the song I just wrote.

"Jae you have practice at the church tonight at 6 so be ready" my aunty told me then walked away. I turn to look at the stove time and see that it is 5:30 p.m. I look at what I have on and went to put on shoes.

I heard my aunty yell my name as I made my way down the stairs. While heading to church I couldn't get that song out of my head. Hmm what hurts the most, I thought to myself.

When I get to church I realized I was the first one there. As I set on the steps I closed my eyes begin to sing

"As I lay me down
Heaven hear me now
I'm lost without a cause
After giving it my all

Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun
After all that I've been through
Who on earth can I turn to

I look to you
I look to you

After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong

I look to you
I look to you

Yeah

And when melodies are gone
In you I hear a song

I look to you

After losing my breath
There's no more fighting left
Sinking to rise no more
Searching for that open door

And every road that I've taken
Led to my regret
And I don't know if I'm gonna make it
Nothing to do but lift my head

I look to you
I look to you

Yeah

And when all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong

I look to you
I look to you"

I stopped when I heard someone clapping. I slowly opened my eyes to see this gorgeous man. I quickly put my head down to avoid his stare.

"You have a wonderful voice." He said walking closer to me. I continue staring at the ground not saying a word. "So I dont get a thank you? Matter of fact can I have the name of the beautiful girl with the amazing voice?" He asked as he came and sat next to me. I look up at him and just stared. Oh my gravy buttered biscuits this man is beautiful, I thought to myself as I take in his appearance. Just imagine a milk chocolate man with Hazel eyes, a killer smile with dimples that's sweetly indenting his cheeks, full plump lips, and a head full of delicious curls that you would want to keep running your hands through.

I soon snapped out of it when I heard him laugh.

"Gorgeous are you OK? You seem like your about to have a heart attack." He said as he grabs my hand.

I looked at our hands, " yes I'm fine thank you."

Removing my hand and moving over a little after noticing how close we were.

He leans slightly to me and holds out his hand, "I'm Jace."

"JAAEEEEEE!", yelled a voice from a distance.

I looked up seeing my fellow church members walking my way. I look at this gorgeous man and got up. I looked to the ground. "My name is Jae. A pleasure to meet you Mr. Jace." I said as I walked towards the crew leaving him there.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I hope you like it. If not please don't leave any negative comments. That would be very much appreciated. Stay tuned.

Love, Jae