Prologue

Ten Years Later - Prologue

"So what inspired you to be who you are today, to get to where you are now?" The peppy bright pink haired girl asked the band members of new sensational pop-punk band The Rooftops.

The five band members exchanged secretive looks and smiles before one of them, a guy with stretch earrings and a neck tattoo answered the question with ease.

"We all are fans of 5 Seconds of Summer. And if there was anyone we would like to thank for everything we are now, it would be them. They inspired us and are our main motivation. They were and always will be our idols."

The beer bottle almost felt from Michael's hand. He was now sitting wide eyed, starring at the TV screen.

5 Seconds of Summer.

-----

"Please welcome 5 Seconds of Summer!"

Camera flashes, screams, thrown papers, flowers.

"Sensational pop-punk band!"

Microphones, mirrors, make up.

"5 Seconds of Summer!"

Guitars, studio rooms, lyric sheets.

"And the winner is 5 Seconds of Summer."

Hotel rooms, airports, tour buses.

"5SOS single goes up the charts in less than 24 hours from release."

Stage, fans, signs, screams, audience.

-----

The beer bottle fell from his grasp and he stood up abruptly taking in his surrounding. He's home. He's in Sydney.

It's been 10 Years since he last saw the band. Since he last thought of the band, of Ashton, Calum and Luke.

10 years.

He freezes. His mind goes blank and he chuckles.

He lets himself fall back on his seat and closes his eyes. He's probably tired and in need for some sleep.

But no.

His eyes snap back open and his hand finds another full beer bottle.

He'll be able to sleep after drinking some more.

----

He surely wasn't satisfied with the life he was living.

But it took him a few shots then a few bottles and some cigarettes to finally decide to step on that plane and go back to the life he had ten years ago.

Ten years ago.

-----

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy it! X