[19]: Siblings by Blood

2009 Mystic Falls, Virginia

Stefan Salvatore was locked inside one of the cellars in the Salvatore basement. Elena Gilbert, Damon Salvatore, and Skyler Salvatore were also in the basement. When Elena injected him with the vervain dart, he passed out, and Damon brought him down to the cellar; and when Elena refused to leave, Damon stayed with her. Skyler joined them in the morning with Benjamin to check on Stefan.

Stefan was awake when she gazed into the cellar, but he looked very out of it. His eyes were dazed, and he wasn't focused on looking at one thing. Skyler could only wonder what he was thinking about. Either that or he was hallucinating because that can also happen. Blood withdrawal is as real as drug withdrawal.

"What do you think he's seeing?" She whispered to Damon.

"I heard him mutter Katherine... He may be thinking about the day the two of us died." Damon said, and Skyler frowned. Stefan and Damon didn't know, but Skyler had seen them when they died. They died about two weeks after Katherine killed her.

She didn't exactly escape from the Mikaelson's because she didn't feel trapped. But she did sneak out and run away because she wanted to see how her brothers and Benjamin were doing without her. That's when she overheard Benjamin's family talking about his death. His funeral was during the day, which she attended, and then that night.

She watched her father kill her brothers.

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

FLASHBACK
Mystic Falls, Virginia

"We have to get to the church; they're waiting!" A man shouted as he ran across the land. The Founding Families of Mystic Falls were rounding up vampires to burn under the church. Skyler stayed lurking in the shadows, keeping herself hidden so she wasn't rounded up with the rest. She kept a close eye on her brothers, who were trying to save the woman they loved.

Katherine Pierce.

"Circle around that way. I'll distract them. Go." Stefan said; Damon nodded his head, running off in the direction his brother pointed, while Stefan waved his arms to grab the attention of a group of men. "Over here! There's another one! Quick, help me!" Stefan exclaimed.

The men ran in the direction Stefan pointed, and Stefan circled to meet up with his brother. Skyler, who was watching from a view in the woods, moved with her brothers to make sure that they would stay out of danger.

"How did you manage to leave?" Skyler froze at the voice she heard behind her. She made sure she was cautious when she left and tried to be discreet, but she figured it wouldn't take them long to find her. She turned around to stare into brown doe eyes.

Kol Mikaelson.

The young vampire let out a breath of relief because with Kol finding her, there was a chance he wouldn't try and drag her back. She didn't say anything to him; she was still not talking to the family. The only one she engaged in conversation with was Rebekah because Rebekah was the first person to take her out hunting and show her what to do.

And she was nice.

"Still not going to talk to me, huh?" Kol said, and Skyler again said nothing as she continued to watch her brothers. "Very well, carry on with what you were doing." He said.

"We don't have long." Skyler overheard Stefan say. Her brothers were now in front of an abandoned carriage that held vampires inside; Damon unlocked the carriage, and the two pulled Katherine out. The sight of her in a muzzle entertained the young vampire, but seeing her also made her blood boil with rage.