Chapter 16

Beca's P.O.V

(*Flashback to October 24th*)

"Dad, I'm home!" I threw my bag to the floor and ran up to my room. I brought to a halt by my brother, Jaiden. "Move." I went to shove him out of the way but he didn't budge.

"Jaiden, Beca!" Dad shouted. "Downstairs!" I spun around on my heel and walked back downstairs. Dad and Sheila were sitting at two ends of the table, both with miserable faces displayed.

"Dad," I nodded, taking a seat. Both me and Jaiden looked at Sheila. "Step-monster." We said in unison, grinning.

"Sheila and I are getting a divorce." Dad said, rubbing his palms together. Both Jaiden and I stared at him blankly.

"Pay up Jai." I smirked. We had made a bet ever since they started fighting. I had won. I knew they wouldn't last over a month.

"God damn it, you couldn't hold it out for another month." Jaiden slammed his fist onto the table and gave me twenty bucks on his way upstairs.

"Well, goodbye Sheila." I said slyly, running back up to my room. Finally, got that b*tch out of my life.

*Time skip, six months later, March 14th*

"Oh, hey Dad." I said, striking a confused shot at him. "Why are you so dressed up?"

"I am going out on a date. Actually, we've been going out for quite a while now." He said proudly, gripping the collar of his tuxedo and smirking. The bell went and I, being the amazing daughter I am, rushed to answer it. The only reason I did it was to see who he was going out on a date with.

My jaw dropped once I saw the women behind the door. Nadine Conrad.

"Oh, oh hell no." I muttered, shaking my head.

"Hey Beca. I actually brought Stacie with me. Thought you could have a girly night whilst John and I were out." Stacie appeared from behind her Mom's back.

"So, you know how you two are dating. Is Beca my sister now or what?" Stacie knitted her eyebrows together. I took her wrist and dragged her upstairs, leaving Dad and Nadine go out.

"Dude. What was that all about?" I hissed.

"I don't know. I only found out today that they were going out again." Stacie said back. She slid her body down my back wall and onto the floor. "But seriously, if they get married, will I be Stacie Mitchell?"

"Wait, if they get married, we're gonna be sisters." I shivered at the thought of my best friend, whom I had done many things with, becoming my step-sister. "And you have, like, thousands of little brothers and sisters."

"I have five siblings." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Five?" I scrunched my eyebrows together.

"Yeah. My Dad cheated remember, and knocked up that slut. She had the kid like two weeks ago. I think she's called Isabella." She nodded in confirmation. "Anyway, It's not like they're gonna get married any time soon anyway. They've only been dating for four months. I think it was during December when they started. If my math is correct, you must've helped me in some sort of way."

"True. Well, at least your not failing math anymore." I nodded. "I think it's time that we go and grab a slushie."

"Why a slushie?" She asked, standing up anyway. I shrugged and led her out the door. It was almost pitch black by the time we left. The only thing guiding us around were the lights coming out of the shops and street lamps.

We arrived at the corner shop and I tossed the guy behind the counter some money for two slushies.

"Cheers." I clicked my cup against Stacie's and smiled, taking a sip. As I had mentioned, it was pitch black so we didn't see what was coming next.