Chapter 2 - Meet & Greet

I stayed in bed for the rest of the day until the darkness struck. I heard nothing but the somber sounds of winding howling through my cracked window. I was still furious at the fact that my mother was really going to allow snobs to stay with us. I mean, of course they're not all snobs but most of them are. And most of them let have let all that fame and fortune get to their heads and that's something I am not looking forward to dealing with.

I heard loud footsteps smash up the steps and creep down the hallway towards my room quietly; breaking my train of thought. My door was pushed slightly ajar and my mother crept in.

"Shai?", she whispered.

I closed my eyes and pretended as though I was sleeping. My back was faced towards her so she couldn't see my face.

She inched up closer and said, "Are you still upset?", somberly.

I still said nothing.

"Baby, I know you don't like the idea of this. But think about it, a celebrity could very well end up being here. Maybe it could be one of your favorite singers or a teenager like you! I know you don't want to share our house with "snobs" and people who are considered better than the rest of us because they have money, but that's just how the world works, sweetheart. I know that it's not right but... ", she finished while shrugging her shoulders.

I stayed in my previous position, till not facing her. I heard her sigh loudly and imagined that she had her right hand in her hair while her left was on her forehead.We sat there in complete silence until she got fed up and got off the bed. After a minute or two, I thought she was gone, though I still stayed in the position I was in. Out of nowhere, two pairs of hands dug their fingers into the sides of my stomach, tickling me. I jumped up a little bit from the bed and laughed hysterically. She laughed with me as she kept tickling me for a little bit then stopped. We caugh our breath, still smiling until the smiles faded away.

"You okay", she soothed, nodding her head in my direction.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I can handle it for a little while", I shrugged. I still really didn't want any one to come but they already were so I guess I'd have to suck it up and live with it.

My mom smiled at me when we heard crying coming from her bedroom. This indicated that my 1-year-old sister, Tylan had woken up from her nap.

"The people are on their way now on a jet... They should be here by 7:00", she said right before she got up and ranned to her bedroom to comfort my sister. I glanced at the clock and realized that it was 5:00. Two hours until whoever was coming got here. I decided to pass the time with my best friend, Grace. I changed into some back leggings, a black tank top, a beige cardigan, grey fuzzy socks and green low-top converse and made my way downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going to Grace's house", I yelled to her. 

She came out of her room with Tylan in her hands.

"Alright", she replied. "But I want you back by 7:30 at the latest", she sternly added.

I scowled a little bit because I was still dreading meeting these people. But I accepted and was off on my way to her house. Grace has been my best friend ever since last summer when she moved in down the block from me. She was the new girl, she needed guidance, I was feeling nice and ever since that day she's been the only person I could trust and confide in. I strolled down the side walk as the sun beemed down on me. The wind blew ferociously though, causing my hair to fly all over chaotically. After 5 minutes, I was at her door step. I didn't knock because they never lock the door and since we've been like sisters since last summer, we never did when we went to each others house. I walked through the living room, and entered the kitchen where I saw Ms. Peralta doing what she was always doing; cooking.