Track-By-Track Review Of Nicki Minaj The Pinkprint

As always, I am not making this to insult, offend, or upset anyone. I'm just making it to write something, do something ejoyable for myself, hopefully improve my writing ability, and put my writing and opinion out there. This is probably my last album review, so I want to say thank you to anyone and everyone that has read or viewed any one of my album reviews! I'd love to know what you guys would like to hear from me next! Before I begin, I just want to say why I chose Nicki Minaj's album, The Pinkprint. There are two main reasons why I chose it. One, I'm reviewing the deluxe edition, which is 19 songs. That's the most songs I've reviewed in an album review. So I want to test my writing ability and go out with a bang 😉 Two, she has really matured in the last 2-3 years, and I want to show that The Pinkprint is a great album. Also, it really interests me because she brings so many different things to the table all in one album. Again, thank you to every last one of  my readers! I hope you enjoy! And we begin the album review . . . 

Warning: All cuss words are bleeped out, but if you are strongly offended by curse words, you may want to skip this album review. 

1. All Things Go - Nicki starts off the album with wise words: "Cherish these nights, cherish these people, life is a movie, but there will never be a sequel." She goes on to say that personally she's okay with life moving fast and never being able to go back, as long as happy and has a child in a few years. Verse 2 is about complicated family issues and a loss within the family, something very relatable and emotional. "Rock with people for how they make me feel, not what they give me." Nicki is saying that she isn't friends with people for their money or posessions, but for how they make her feel about herself and her life. Some of the most personal lyrics on the album: "My child with Aaron would've been sixteen any minute." This references the abortion she had when she was sixteen, because she wasn't financially or emotionally ready to be a mother. "And I know Jelani will always love me and I'll always love him, and I'm just his little sister not Nicki Minaj when I'm around him." This shows how her family views her as Onika, and almost all of her fans view her as Nicki Minaj. As the most reflective, emotional album on the song closes, it introduces us to the rest of the album tastefully: "Gee we did it, let's leave this imprint, this is the Pinkprint." 

2. I Lied - This song opens with Nicki's beautiful, strong, fresh vocals mournfully admitting,"I lied, I lied, I lied, to keep you from breaking my heart." Confessional but in a different way then All Things Go, this shows off Nicki's vocals perfectly. "I can't fall for you, can't give my all to you, can't let you think that Imma let the game stall for you, gotta protect me." This seems as if Nicki is going back to a time in a relationship where she was protective of herself and distrusting. "I thought eventually you would let me go, that was my insecurities and my ego." She admits. Perhaps one of the most memorable lyrics of this song is: "Man it was good while it lasted, that sh*t wasn't real it was magic, if it was a record, it would've of been classic." The most vulnerable part of the song by far is bridge. The line,"Cause what if I just let myself go with you" is ghostly, open, and leaves an impression. 

3. The Crying Game - Starting with a haunting tune that draws you in, Nicki's voice is rougher in this song than it was on the previous two tracks. Nicki shares a real-life experience where everything changed in seconds: "Blood drippin' out your arm on my Asian rugs, we was just planning a wedding Caucasian doves." "Is it too late to talk?" Nicki sullenly asks. The chorus is the catchiest of all so far, slightly angry-sounding. In this line, Nicki flashes back to an abusive relationship: "Ain't no smilin' faces here, we slammin' doors and dishes." Although it has a sudden ending, it's sure to stay in your head. 

4. Get On Your Knees - This song is kind of a confidence booster, and definitely something to listen to when you feel unconfident about your butt. "Got a bow on my panties because my a*s is a present." It's expected that Nicki would make a reference to modern pop culture, especially on a track with Ariana Grande: "Let me see them fireworks, I'm on my Kate Perry." This song's also . . . I don't want to say feminist, so I'll say empowerin to females. The two lyrics that tell women to be strong and not be afraid of men or submissive to men:  "And before I let you walk you gotta show me how you crawl." And: "So do as I say if you wanna get the job you better know whose the boss." It's powerful fadeout just makes it a better song.