Chapter 1

Evaleigh's POV

"EVIE! Evaleigh! I've got iccceeee creeeeaaammmm!" Michael yelled running over to me, quoting the ever so famous, sponge bob. 

"That's great Mikey." I sighed, grabbing the second cone he had in his hand. 

"What's wrong?" He asked sitting down beside me on the front porch step. 

"I don't wanna be stuck in this small town all my life. I want to get out and enjoy life. I don't want any rules, I want to jump on couches, and scream curse words at the top of my lungs when I'm mad. I just want to be able to be free, without parents down my throat, you know?" I finished, looking over to Michael. He had ice cream all over his face and on his shirt. I giggled at him before starting on mine. 

"I know what you mean, kiddo, but I doubt that ever happens." He shrugged. 

"But, Mikey! One, I'm not a 'kiddo', I'm only 6 days younger than you. Second, we could make it happen! Don't you see! Life is FULL of opportunities, you just have to get out there and get it!" I said throwing my ice cream on the ground and standing up with my hands on my hips. 

"That seems like a lot of work, Evaleigh." he sighed standing up and finishing off his ice cream.

"C'mon Mikey! Let's get out of here when we are 16! Let's just leave! You and me!" I exclaimed stepping closer to him and shaking him by his shoulders vigorously. 

"Fine, fine! Just shush about it!" He said grabbing my hands and putting them at my sides. 

"YES! THANK YOU MICHAEL I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!" I yelled loudly grabbing him into a hug. 

Mikey and I have been best friends for as long as I could remember, and when we made our pact at the age of 12, we never knew we would be where we are now.

--

"Evie! It's time to get up. We need to go job hunting." Michael groaned. "Evaleigh!!" He complained. "Fine, you make me do things I really don't want to do." he sighed. I heard footsteps leave the room, and then he returned. I awaited in anticipation, and before long, cold water was hitting my whole torso and face. 

Immediately I shot up and looked at Michael standing there with a smug grin on his face. 

"I told you it was time to get up." He chuckled before leaving. 

I groaned, and mumbled quite a few profanities his way before finally getting out of bed. Thanks to Michael, I have to jump in the shower, even though I had already taken one the night prior. If he thinks I wont get him back for that, he's got another thing coming. 

I rid myself of my clothes and turned on the hot water and jumped in. I washed myself quickly, ready to get today done with, so that I could come home to watch My Name Is Earl, and cuddle up with my cat, Carlos. 

Carlos was the cutest little munchkin cat I had ever seen. He was calico and still a kitten, and geez I love him. 

I got out of the shower and wrapped my towel around my body, and walked back into my room. I opened up my closet and grabbed some of my black ripped skinnies with a Blink-182 shirt, and my black vans. I wasn't a very colorful person to say the least. 

After I was dressed, I went over to my desk and applied light eyeliner and mascara. I then started on my hair, blow drying, and taking a straightener to make it straight as a board. 

I was a pretty simple looking person. I had kind of tan skin, and brown eyes. My hair was dyed dark-ish brown, and I was around the height of 5'6. Pretty average right?