•E i g h t•

The week went by slow but soon again it was Saturday.

I'm not saying I was excited about seeing Mitch, I just happened to accidentally wake up earlier than usual.

I pulled my jacket around me tighter and looked down the street seeing Mitch come jogging towards me. He basically pushed me over.

"Hey!", he smiled up at me enthusiastically. "Guess what?"

"What?", My cheeks were already hurting from smiling so big. Jeez, What was this guy doing to me?

"I think I've found the perfect game for you", he smiled. "It's called Minecraft"

"Sounds kidish"

"Thats... Half true. It's kind of a kids game, I suppose", Mitch mumbled trying to explain. "but it's simple", Mitch shrugged. "Kind of like you"

I frowned. "What"

"Don't worry about it", Mitch snickered at his own bad joke. "Just, come on"

Mitch waved me towards him and so, I followed him.

"So what do you do in this game called, minecraft?"

"You build, uh", he tilted his head in thought. "You can fight... And basically survive"

"You make it sound quite borin-"

"But it's not!", Mitch whined. "I promise!"

I sighed.

"Actually, I know what we can do", Mitch smiled to himself. "You know the hunger games right?"

I nodded.

"Good, well my personal favourite thing to do in minecraft is play the hunger games and Not to brag or anything but, I'm pretty good at it", he laughed.

"I bet you are", I said smartly as I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jacket.

"I'm not joking!", Mitch smiled. "I truly am good at kicking some virtual ass"

I laughed and shook my head. "I'll give it a chance", I smiled. "Although it sounds boring and sounds like a kids game, I'll try it"

Mitch smiled and then went on about other various things you could do in the game. Although I wasn't really listening. I just kind of blanked out and watched Mitch as he spoke enthusiastically.

He went on about things I could truly care less about. But he looked so excited to tell me these things so I just pretended to listen as we continued walking along the pavement.

•••

"Are you serious?!", I yelped as I died. My stuff dropped to the floor and I got the awful 'you died' screen.

Mitch just laughed and continued hitting the person he was going after.

"You said you had my back!", I punched Mitch in the shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, but this person was easier to get", Mitch pointed out. His eyes stayed glued to the screen. I sighed. Mitch was right, he was good at the game.

He had won basically all the rounds we'd played so far he only lost once and that was only because the guy was using reach hacks.

I watched Mitch play from over his shoulder. Mitch killed another person and geared up quickly before he got teleported to death match.

"Damn I swear you must play this in your sleep!", I laughed watching as Mitch killed another guy, his stuff exploding from his body and falling to the floor.

I pointed out the guys enchanted iron sword and Mitch quickly picked it up.

"I might do", Mitch laughed as well. Mitch poked his tongue out in concentration. He swung his sword at the other player and he killed him. Fireworks exploded as he jumped around the arena.

"Woo! I won!", Mitch beamed.

I smiled brightly.

"Another round?", Mitch asked his eyes gleaming. "Pleeeaaasssee?"

I frowned. Although seeing Mitch win countless times over and over was fun, it does get old.

"Could we play a different game?", I asked politely.

Mitch shrugged. "Okay"

I laughed. "Oh and maybe you should choose a game I might actually be good at"

Mitch laughed along. "Sure"

Mitch tilted his head thinking. "Hey, I've got a good idea"

I nodded my head. "Go on, shoot"

"I could Skype some of my friends and we could all play a game called battledome"

"Battledome?", I asked curiously. "What's that?"

"You'll see", Mitch smirked.

"Why won't you tell me?", I asked. It would be nice to know what I was getting myself into.

"Well, because I like leaving people with cliff hangers", Mitch smiled. "But actually it's mostly because I'm bad at explaining things"

I laughed quietly. "But, before I play this, I'd like to know who your friends are. That would be good"

"Well...", Mitch started. "There's Preston, Rob, Lachlan and Vikk"

"But we call ourselves...

'The Pack'"
.
.
.
"Wow what a creative name", I smirked smartly.

"Shut up you jag, you're ruining the effect"

A/N this story has almost got 1k reads! :D

It actually made my day seeing that this story had 948+ reads :3

I feel loved, so Thanks! I really appreciate it!

I'll try making next chapter sooner :3

Well, I have nothing else to say so, bye :3