One

"This smells like shit." Clay said. I looked up at him and giggled, shaking my head.

"Can we inverse the omega?" Frank questioned.

"What. Three points?" Nico said from the panel.

"Start with two." Frank answered.

"Okay. Clay, start the tone." Frank. "Where are we on Amygdala?"

"89.8 Megahertz, 108.1 in the Hippocampus." Zoe said. She stood by the switch, and the machine charged up. "Event one in 3...2...1..."

A volt of electricity went through the pig, and I jumped slightly. Flat line. This got me every. Damn. Time. Clay grinned at me before putting on his special glasses.

"Clay?" Frank said, looking at him.

"I got nothing." Clay answered, taking of the thermoenergy glasses

"Let's spike the Glutamate." Frank said, sighing.

"Spiking." Nico said quickly, pressing a few buttons, adding more liquids to the valves and tubes.

"Increase gain six points and push Serotonin." Frank said back to Nico. He did, and everybody looked at Frank. Frank nodded to Zoe, who put her hands on the switch again. It was charged again, and I held my breath.

"Okay, event two in 3...2...1..." Zoe said, pulling down the switch.

"Guys?" Clay said slowly. I looked at him in confusion. " I'm gonna throw out one word, okay?" I tilted my head slightly. "Luau." He said.

" Clay, don't be an ass." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Come on! You gonna let a fine pork go to waste..." Clay said defensively, holding up his hands.

An then the pig started moving and squealing. I jumped back, clamping my hand over my mouth. Clay jumps too, putting his arms around me.

Everyone started talking at once, and the pig continued moving.

"It's still alive!" Clay yelled. We were breathing hard at this point.

And then it was over.

"Nothing..." Zoe said quietly.

"NOTHING MY ASS!" Clay yelled, letting me go and walking over to the table. "That thing just jumped off the table, man!"

"Clay..." I said quietly, running a hand through my hair. Clay looked at me with wide eyes. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him, and whispered soothing words into his ear.

"Still doesn't work." Frank said, sighing.

But that was only the beginning.