Two

"What!" my jaw completely dropped to the ground, I tried to keep calm but it was no use, I screamed, did a little dance, and couldn't stop smiling.

"Taylor, you've got to be kidding me!?" I said in complete shock.

"Nope, it's true, I talked to Mrs. Badgely and she said that they sold their house and were going to live up here for summer."

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! Finn Badgely is going to live up at the lake all summer, I will get to see him every day!"

Wait I get to see him every day that means there is no slacking. I have to look my best always, because I know myself too well, the one day I look like dog crap is the day he would actually notice me. I got home and could barely concentrate on my homework because I couldn't stop thinking about Finn and what if we became friends, what if he actually talked to me I would shat my pants and probably pass out. Well, it wouldn't be that extreme but you know what I mean. My whole week dragged on for what seemed like forever, but once the weekend came I was so ready to get up to the lake because of Finn duh!

When we arrived up at the lake and the first thing I did was put on my swimsuit. I had to get out of my hideous uniform; there was no way I was going to let there be a possibility of Finn seeing me in that awful thing. We opened up the curtains and I put the cushions out on our chairs. I unpacked a case of bottled water and put them into our mini fridge outside. While I was putting the water bottles away I would occasionally look down at the Badgely's boat to check for any action. Then out of the blue I saw Finn and Sean walk down their pier to their boat so they could take the cover off.

"Earth to Penny!" Taylor shouted

"What! Huh!" I nearly jumped a foot

"Watcha looking at?" my sister said, but she obviously knew that I was looking at Finn.

"Oh, I uh I was just looking down at the water trampoline." I said with a very serious tone

"When did the Badgely's boat turn into the trampoline? Penny it's so obvious that you are looking at Finn and Sean."

"It's not THAT obvious!" I could feel the heat coming off of my already flushed cheeks.

"Penny, you have your head turned in the opposite direction of the fridge."

"Okay so it's obvious, but if you had a crush on Sean I bet you would be doing the exact same thing."

"Penny, I highly doubt that I would be as extreme as you are"

"I think you would, but that is just my opinion." I responded

After my conversation with Taylor I decided that I would go and uncover our boat and my Boston Whaler. I walked to the end of the pier and hopped on the boat. After I battled 8 massive spiders, both boats were uncovered. I walked back up the pier and plopped down on one of our chairs and decided to relax for a little while. A half an hour later I decided to go to the pool because it was a beautiful evening and I thought swimming sounded nice. No one was at the pool so I had the whole area to myself. As soon I closed the gate I dropped my stuff and sprinted to the pool and dove right in. The water felt amazing on my skin, I was sitting in a pool ring when I heard a very familiar voice, it was Finn with his two little cousins and his aunt. I freaked out and quickly wiped under my eyes to make sure I didn't have any makeup smeared under them because the last thing I wanted was Finn to see me with raccoon eyes. I didn't know what I should do, so I just moved over to the deep end and continued floating. They all walked in and as soon as they did Finn looked directly at me and smiled and waved. FINN BADGELY SMILED AND WAVED AT ME! He actually knows I exist; I of course smiled and waved back to him. I had to keep calm otherwise he would definitely know I had a massive crush on him. I had a very small conversation with his aunt and a little later I headed back home. When I got home I went up to my room and completely freaked out and told my sister everything. We ate dinner and the whole time all I could think about was Finn and how he smiled. After dinner I went up into my room and I decided to try to work on some of my homework that was due on Monday, the upcoming week was only three days and on the third day we got of school for summer. I finished almost all of my homework and when I looked at the time it was almost midnight. I decided to take a shower and then go to bed.

The next morning I woke up around eight and got on my phone and looked on my social media until nine. At nine I finally decided to get up and get ready I washed my face, brushed my teeth and then I did my usual make up. For my hair I put some salt spray in it to enhance my natural waves, I put on my pink swimsuit top and black bottoms and threw on a cover up dress. For breakfast I had some tea with milk and sugar, I also had some plain Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries with a sprinkle of almond granola with a drizzle of agave nectar on top. After I ate my breakfast I decided to lay out in the sun for a little while, I put some sunscreen on and laid out for about an hour then I started getting hot so I thought it would be a good time to go out on the wave runner, the cool breeze would probably feel really good. I threw on my life jacket and grabbed the key and got on and then took off. I noticed the gas was getting low so I decided to go fill up. I went to the marina; it was very quiet all throughout the channel. I was pulling up when I noticed a guy who looked very familiar, he turned around and oh my gosh...