Three

It was Finn.

"Are you filling up on gas today?" oh my gosh I can't believe Finn works at the marina!

"Yes I am."

"Oh, hey Penny! How are you?" oh my gosh how does Finn Badgely know my name?!

"Hey Finn! I'm Great, how are you?" Crap I said that way too excited

"I'm pretty good thanks. Have you been enjoying your summer?"

"I'm actually not out of school yet, we get out on Wednesday. What about you? Have you been enjoying your summer so far?"

"I've really been enjoying my summer so far, we got two weeks ago."

"Cool! I didn't know you worked here?"

"My family is living up here for the summer, we sold our house back home and I wanted something to do this summer so I decided to get a job here."

There was a click, signaling that the gas had been filled up. NO I don't want to go, this is so nice talking to him!

"How do you like living up here?" I asked hoping he wouldn't notice that the gas tank was full and of course he did, he screwed the cap back on and put the pump back.

"I love it, last week we had to go back for the day and the whole time we were gone I was itching to get back here. Is this on an account?"

"Yes it is under Calvin Rush." Calvin Rush is my father. Finn gave me the clipboard and had me sign for the gas.

"Hey, you live up here all summer don't you?" Oh my gosh

"Yeah, we do" I replied with a smile

"Hopefully I will see you around then"

"Next Friday we are having a graduation party for my sister, you and your family should come down."

"That sounds great, I will see you then." He replied

"Awesome! See you later."

He waved goodbye as I drove out. I went back home and told my mom and sister that I invited the Badgely's. I'm so excited Finn is coming, this party just got 10 times better!

The rest of the night was very relaxed; I helped my mom make dinner. We had fish and quinoa salad with some grilled veggies. After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen and then went upstairs and tried to finish the rest of my homework that was due on Monday. It was around eleven thirty when I finished my homework. I took a shower and got ready for bed; I then got in bed and read a book until I got tired.

The next morning I got up around nine, it was very sunny outside and I decided it would be the perfect morning to go for a jog. I was almost back to my place when I saw Finn and he was taking out the trash.

"Hi penny!" he said with a big smile

"Hey Finn, How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, how about yourself?"

"I'm great" I replied

"What time is the party on Saturday?"

"It's from two to four, and wear lake attire, there will be swimming and badminton and beanbag toss."

"Great! That's sounds like fun"

"So far the forecast is saying that the weather is going to be perfect and sunny all day." I said with maybe a little too much enthusiasm.

"I can't wait! I hope you have a great last couple of days of school and I will see you on Friday"

"Thank you! I will see you Friday!"