Promise You

Karkat woke up around two am in the morning. His eyes were sore and his stomach growled. Gamzee was wrapped around him protectively. Karkat nudged Gamzee softly. "Gamzee," Karkat whispered hoarsed. Gamzee shifted and pulled Karkat closer. Karkat frowned and shook him. "Gamzee, please wake up... I'm hungry." Karkat whispered softly. Gamzee sat up slowly and removed the covers. He got up from the couch and stretched.

"Don't motherfucking worry best friend! I'll get you something to snack on." Gamzee replied yawning showing off his sharp teeth. Karkat watched as Gamzee walked off towards the kitchen. Karkat got up as well and slowly followed. He took a seat at the table and rubbed his sore eyes. I trust Gamzee to get me something to eat. I remember when he was horribly sick and I had to take care of him for about a month. I spent time talking and reading to him. After that I taught him the basics for cooking and minor sickness. Karkat looked up to see Gamzee making eggs.
"Can you get me a glass of water?" Karkat asked softly. Gamzee nodded and quickly got Karkat a glass of ice water. Gamzee placed down the glass in front of Karkat and patted his head before leaving back into the kitchen. "Thanks." Karkat brought the glass to his lips then took a drink of the cold liquid. He felt his dry throat soothe and moisten. Gamzee came back with a plate of scrambled eggs and buttered toast.

"There ya go. Now eat all the motherfucking food up and we'll watch some movies in your bedroom," Gamzee planned. Karkat frowned and glanced at the food. The smell of the food made him want to gag. His stomach just wasn't feeling good enough. Karkat sighed and looked back at Gamzee who just took a seat next to him.

"I don't- I'm not that hungry anymore," Karkat replied. Gamzee shook his head then pulled Karkat onto his lap. "Gamzee!" Karkat hissed. Gamzee shushed him then took a forkfull of eggs. "Gamzee, I don't want-" Gamzee shoved the fluffy eggs into Karkat's mouth.

"There, there, best friend. Now finish your food." Gamzee ordered. As soon as the food hit Karkat's tastebuds he found himself very hungry. Karkat took the fork away from Gamzee blushing a little as he began eating the rest of his food. After he was done Gamzee quickly lifted up Karkat bridal style and walked towards Karkat's room.

"Gamzee, I can walk," Karkat huffed. Gamzee continued walking and placed Karkat down when he walked into the room. "Thank you- Ugh!" Karkat yelled when Gamzee began pulling up his shirt.

"Gotta get changed best friend," Gamzee explain. Karkat took a couple steps back. Oh yeah, Gamzee remembers me changing him when he was sick. Karkat shivered and covered his shirtless body with his arms.

"G-Gamzee! It's too fucking cold! All my other outfits will be cold too!" Karkat growled trying to reach for his shirt. Gamzee held it up high and got an idea. He tossed Karkat's shirt in the corner of his room and quickly took off his. "What are you-" Karkat was cut off when Gamzee placed his shirt over him.

"There you go! It's all warm," Gamzee smiled. The shirt hung loosely on Karkat reaching mid thigh. Gamzee kneeled down to unbutton Karkat's pants. "Now let's get these mother fucking pants off-"

"Gamzee! No!" Karkat quickly stepped back. Gamzee looked back up at Karkat confused. Karkat's face was deep red. "I-I can do it okay." He then pulled down his own pants and tossed them aside. Gamzee leaned down to pick up Karkat's pants.

"Now you motherfucking hop into bed while I get the moving going." Karkat rolled his eyes and walked over to sit up in his bed. Gamzee smiled and tossed Karkat's pants where his shirt was.

"Um... Put in Knocked Up," Karkat ordered. Gamzee nodded and quickly found the movie case.

"Sure thing bro!" He put in the movie and quickly skipped the previews to get to the title menu. Gamzee looked back at Karkat and smiled. "You ready?" He asked. Karkat nodded. Gamzee pressed play then made his way towards the bed. He quickly got in and got behind Karkat resting his head on top of the shorter troll.