Alex Moriarty

The meal was going well. That was when my dad texted me.
"Alex you ok over there". I looked up "yes sir fine, just work"
"Alex please and call me Sherlock"
"Ok Sherlock" my phone pinged again. I got it out and mouthed an apology as I put my phone on silent.
When our food came I waited for Sherlocks and Victoria's meal to arrive. "Your very polite Alex."
"Thank you Sherlock"
"I would love to meet your parents" I looked down this conversation hadn't came up between me and Victoria yet.
"Em I live with my foster parents sir. Since the age of 8"
"Alex I am sorry" Victoria snuggles into my side. Sherlock looked down like he had just brought up a awkward conversation.

We ate in an awkward silance for the rest of the meal. When we were done. I asked what I needed to pay. "Alex my daughter invited you, your not paying."
"Are you sure sir"
"Positive Alex and it is Sherlock" Vic smiled at me and i saw the man next to my bike with the things I had ordered. "Vic, come with me for a minute"
"Ok what is it Alex?" She watched me sign for the packages and was shocked when I passed her them. I saw her dad watching and smiled as he walked over.

When he came over. "You can open them Vic they are for you."
"What really?"
"Yeah you are gonna need them" she ripped open the first package to find a perfectly fitting leather jacket and the second to a pink bike helmet. "Do you like them?"
"Of course Alex they are amazing" then Sherlock interrupted "No way is my little girl getting on that"
"Dad that is rude. Alex will you take me home?"
"Um yeah I'm ment to be going to see a potential flat but I am sure I can take you home first"
"Perfect. Goodbye dad" I got a 'if a single hair on her head is harmed I will hurt you' scowl "She will be fine Sherlock" Sherlock walked off and started to hail a cab. I put my jacket on and then my helmet then checked that hers was on securely. I got on the bike and she jumped on and grabbed onto my waist. I smiled and started the engine. I set my course for 221b Baker Street.