#60

wohoo! the book has reached 1.04k reads! I'm soo happy! thank you to those who continue to read this book, and thank you to everyone else for coming across this book and giving it a chance!

10 chapters to go..

-

they both visited the graveyard

but there was a surprise that was

awaiting for her

her parents.

-

'mom, dad?'

'ruby'

they said before hugging her

'what are you doing here?'

she questioned, holding his hand

again, after letting go of it.

'we came to visit our son'

her mother said

of course they weren't here to see her at all

they were never interested in her after the

death of her brother's.

I gripped onto his hands tighter

and in return he squeezed it back

it gave me a sense of courage.

'of course your own. if you haven't forgotten you have a daughter too, mom and dad. but you've lost her after your son's death. I want to ask why mom? why did you leave me dad? I was in pain just as much as you guys were. he was my only brother, my only sibling who understood me more than my own parents did. I was the most closest to him between you three, losing him was losing a part of myself. after his death I was broken, and the people who I wanted to rely on weren't there for me. no one was and I had was to look after myself and believe that one day it will all be better just like Xavier would always say. and you know what. that day arrived, it really did'

she looked up into his eyes

with love

yes love.

she knew she loved him

she always had.

and she never stopped

her hands were intertwined with his

and she held it up to show

her parents

'he happened. elijah happened and this has been the best thing that has happened to me. he gave me another reason to live. he gave me happiness which no one besides Xavier could give. he cares for me like no other, he likes me for who I am, even if I'm partially deaf. he doesn't mistreat me. and I know he deserves way more than a person like me, but i'm glad that I can proudly call him my boyfriend. I am glad to have him enter my life and be the reason to let go of my past and be happy with the present and the future. I love you both mom and dad, but you haven't always been the best of parents towards me. I have yearned for your both love and affection, but now it's okay. i've come to terms with it. I just wish things would have been better between us. Despite everything that has happened I forgive you both, you guys are my parents after all. But nothing will ever be the way it used to be'

she turned towards Xavier's gravestone

and placed a flower

'I love you brother. thank you for looking out for me even from up above'

she looked up and smiled

she felt no burden

a part of her was set

f r e e