Chapter 17- Traffic Jam

A/N: I'm so sorry for how long it's been since I've published an update! To be honest, I didn't write a single thing for this story while at the cottage, because I was just a lazy ass, and once I got back I was also being lazy, and only now have I realized: oh shit, I'm an ass, I need to publish something quick. So here is your long awaited chapter 17.
~fandomfictionyo
_______________________

Eren's pov

I woke the next morning to find that Armin was snoring softly beside me, still deep in sleep. I kissed him gently on the forehead before using whatever stealth I could muster up with my lack of hands, to slip out of the hospital bed we had shared the night in. (No, not like that) I looked back at his sleeping form, and smiled. I didn't want to leave him there alone, but I knew my issues with my mom weren't going away any time soon, and I was hoping to just get them out of the way. Honestly though, I didn't know where me and my mom stood anymore. I totally blew my whole secret, and she definitely didn't approve, but... What would happen then? I supposed that if she wouldn't accept me I could leave, but that seemed like all too terrifying an option. I guess I would leave it to fate.

I left Armin's hospital room, and started planning what I would do next. I had absolutely no money with me, no means to communicate with the outside world, and I was hella hungry. Lucky for me, I could easily just use one of the phones at the hospital to call someone, which I did.

After a failed attempt at trying to get Annie to agree to driving me again, and no answer from Sasha or Horseface, I decided to call Mikasa. If I was lucky, she wouldn't be with Annie again. On the fourth ring a stern voice picked up.

"Hello? Who is this? I don't want to buy your crap."

"U-um, Levi?" I stuttered, startled to hear the short mans voice coming through the speaker that was pressed to my ear. It had been so long since we'd talked.

"Jaeger?" He asked, sounding just as harsh and disapproving as always.

"Yeah, it's me," I rolled my eyes, then remembered he couldn't see me. "Is Mikasa there?"

"Yeah, she's in her room. What do you want."

"I just needed to talk to her. And why do you have her phone?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"That's not important, what do you want from her?" He snarled, and I felt the hair stand up on my neck as my whole body shivered. Jeez, why did he freak me out so much? He was just a harmless little dude talking to me through a phone. A harmless little dude who once almost killed a guy with a stapler.

"I just wanted to know if I could get her to pick me up from the hospital, alright?" I sighed. "I'm in dire need of a car, and a licensed driver."

"Oh, is that all you need? Well you know what, I figure it's about time I see you again."

* * *

40 minutes later I was sitting on a bench outside of the hospital, watching a brave little ant that was venturing towards my foot, when an obnoxiously loud car horn wailed at me. I looked up and my pinched my lips into a straight line when I saw the black car waiting for me on the curb. I stood from my seat and walked over to it, but froze when I saw the person sitting in the drivers seat. It was none other than Mr. Smith, my principal.