Chapter: The Words That Changed Us

"Your Such An Ugly, Dumb, Dog Brooke" He looked at me disgusted as I began to tear up. The guy I thought was perfect was pretty imperfect know but in a way I still loved him. I turned and ran I didn't know where but I ran, I ran as far away as possible from my problems, I ran to Ms.Penny's class and lucky me it was her free period.... She was Indian but had an amazingly clear face, her hair was long and dark and her eyes were a weird yellow color, her voice calmed me as I ran into her classroom....

"What's wrong?" My head slammed into her, I felt comfortable as I hugged her, not to tightly but enough for me to almost feel her warmth.

" I hate High School" I whispered under my breath.... She hugged me as she held my hand. "You have to go home" I declined. I couldn't go home, not with the mom I had, not with the fears I always faced when I was there. "No, I can't do that I want-" "You have to go now"

After a while I found myself on the phone dialing my mom's phone.

"Hello?" My moms voice shook
"Hey mom I need you to pick me up"
"Ugh, did you get into a fight again!"
"Mom-" I explained
"IM BUSY COOKING YOUR STUPID FOOD" She yelled her voice shattered as she broke into tears.
"Pick.Me.Up" my temper was high as I slammed my fist into the table, a staff looking at me. I looked down waiting for an answer,crying. Waiting. Waiting. She hung up. I grasped on to the phone tightly, hearing screaming behind me.

I turned around as my face sucked up,
"Everyone get out of the way we need to call 911" Marco rushed in with a couple of teachers holding Bay, blood everywhere on her face bruises and scratches all over her arm. "BAY" I screamed sobbing, not being able to catch my breath. "BAY WH WHAT HAPPE. HAPPENED" I held her tightly against me making sure I could hear her heartbeat. "Brooke, let her go she's fine" but I knew she wasn't as he started tearing up letting go of her as the doctors arrived. I ran to her to hold her hand, but I was to late. Marco grabbed my waist and Ms.Penny out of nowhere held on I my shoulder. I pressed on to his chest crying, this day was only getting better.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him. Harry, laughing as he acted something out, that at the moment I thought had something to do with Bay, no shame in his eyes. Just the pleasure of the memory replaying in his mind.

I let go of Marco noticing his shirt looked like it rained. He smirked at me hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, like a brother would hug a sister. "You okay?" He whispered. I grasped on to his shirt concentrating on Harry, "I don't know" he let me go smiling as he headed back to in to the school. I stood their just watching Harry as he walked back to class.

I turned around and headed home, every step leading to one question. One thought. Am I okay?. I walked toward my house not noticing I had already walked 30 minutes. I faced the door. Questioning if I should even open it. If I even deserved this. My hand inches from the door, I pulled it back. Grabbing my cellphone to call Bay's parents.

I stood still at the door, waiting for them to answer. Holding in the ball in my throat.

"Hello?"
I wandered about with my thoughts not noticing the voice.
"Hello?" Bay's mom questioned, "Umm.........." A long silence followed by a ringing came thru. I quickly grasped the knob of the house and opened it up finding my mom on the floor. "Mom. MOMM." I ran to her feeling her pulse. "Get me some beer" she struggled to pronounce. "No mom your drinking way to much" I held her up "BEER!!!!" her yelling making my ears ring. I let her go. Looking at her, the way her lips moved as she talked, the way her eyes twitch. I walked upstairs to my room.... I couldn't handle living. Not with her or myself. And I knew their only one way to stop all this....

Like? Yes? No? I hope you guys like this story so far please tell me what you think, it's just getting started so keep reading and be ready for the next chapter next week! Or the other other  week since I have homecoming next week😆 TMI