Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of my alarm the next morning. My book was still on my chest. There was a voicemail from my dad on my phone

-Hey honey, we are gonna be at hospital for a while. Your grandma had a heart attack and your mother and I would like to stay here for a bit. Sorry but you are going to have to walk to school again. We wont be back till late tonight. Love ya.

I sighed as I went down stairs to pour myself a bowl of Lucky Charms. After I was finished I got ready for school. When I was getting out of the shower my phone buzzed.

Michael- Hey do u want a ride again?

Me- Sure.

Michael- K be there in bout 20.

Crap I only had 20 minutes to get ready. Sigh you know he could wait a bit it was gonna take me at least 15 to blow dry my hair. And i still hadnt brushed my teeth or gotten dressed yet. I decided to brush my teeth first cause I'd probably have to let him in. After I blow dried my hair the doorbell rang. I ran down stairs to open the door. Michael looked my over.

"Dont worry I just have to be dressed then I'll be ready to go. But come on in."

Michael walked in and sat down at the table.

"I'll be right back." I ran upstairs picked out a an outfit quick. I grabbed my bag and ran back down the stairs. Michael was still sitting there at the table looking around.

"I'm ready." I stood at the bottom of the stair case.

"Okay." he flashed a pearly white smile. "Let's go." We walked out the door and to his truck. He opened the door for me and closed it behind me after I got in. When he tried to start the truck it wouldnt catch. After several tries he sat back.

"Looks like we are gonna have to wait a bit." He pulled out his phone. "Eh we still got time." He looked over at me. "So." He smiled at me.

I turned away afraid Id do something stupid. "Sooo."

"How did you sleep?" He put his arm on the top of my seat.

"Good. You?" I stayed far away from him. Why did I have to like a guy that was taken this much?

"We'll since you asked. Amazingly. I broke up with Alex last night. You know things werent just working out. She was too mean and you know I dont even know why I was going out with her. I dont even like her. Maybe its cause I thought thats how it was supossed to be. Shes the captain of the cheer team. Im the quarterback usually thats how it goes. But shes just a... Bitch a really big one too. I guess yesterday when you hit her with the ball I realized I didnt even like her. I mean if I liked her in slightest bit," He leaned forward and started the truck on the first try, " I wouldve ran to her side." We pulled away from my house and drove towards school. "But I didnt even care. All I could think was how much she deserved it. I dont know Im just glad its over. And I know she was only dating me for the image cause she was always all over other guys. It was just time for it to be over." He glanced over at me. "I'm saying too much aren't I?"

I shook my head. "I'm glad you got out of a bad relationship. But why are you telling me this? You've known me for what? A day? Its not that I mind but dont you have good friends that you should be telling before me?"

He thought for a moment. "I dont know. I just feel so comfortable around you. Your so different from any other girl I know." We pulled into the school parking lot. He parked the car. "I just like talking to you." I sat there for a minute surprised. I got a huge smile on my face. He likes talking to me? He opened up my door for me before I could get my thoughts straight. We walked to first hour together. My day was similar to yesterday. Easy math, stupid science, crazy english teacher, Michael went with me to the little park to eat lunch again. Neither of us ate much because we were too busy talking. We went to P.E played dodgeball instead of kick ball. I sucked at throwing but my doging and catching skills, I must admit, are pretty beast. I made it through history without crying again. And in guitar I tried deperately to catch up. But everytime I learned something new so did the rest of the class. I was never going to catch up. Finally the bell rang and I went and waited by Micahel car. He was out a minute later trying to peel Alex off of him. I laughed at the sight. Luckily Michael won and rushed to the car. He unlocked it got in fast and locked it behind him. He had a scared look in his eyes. He took a few calming breaths before he closed his eyes and leaned back against the seat. I laughed at him.