Chapter 6

Pretty soon the sun was hitting my eyes. Damn. I fell asleep. Where’d he go? The photo’s gone too. I go outside and I see him sitting outside the porch staring into the sun with astonishing power. He noticed me and smiled. I see that he’s holding the photo.

“Good morning James,” he said, I rolled my eyes and said, “Jimmy,” then he chuckled. He then looked at the photo and thought of something.

“So, who’s the girl?” I asked as I sat down next to him.

“She was my fiancé, her name’s Alexis,” he said smiling and staring out into space, like he was remembering something. I then see that he was holding his cell phone. Did he call her?

“Well, we’re almost out of milk so I guess I should make it my duty to go and get some,” He said smiling then he messed my hair up.

“Did you call her?” I asked and he simply looked at me and smiled, then he left.

Why did I ask him that? Now, he’s going to think that I was jealous or something. Which I’m totally not. So not jealous. I mean what’s there to be jealous of? Besides the fact that she was his fiancé... Agh! Why am I even thinking about this? I go out to the lake to just get a breather. I then spot a sort of dingy, no one seems to be around and I’m just gonna use it for a little while. Besides I’ll bring it back.

So I row the little boat to the middle of the ocean and try to remember stuff. It’s Sunday today, while most people are going to church I’m out here basking in the glorious light of the sun. It’s summer and come to think of it, it’s been about 6 months of continuously seeing Carl. Hmm... Carl... when did I start calling him that? Yawning I put the oar inside the boat and just laid down, I closed my eyes only for a moment. I imagined my mom standing there the moment I graduate, clapping, maybe shedding a tear of joy or two.

I was woken up by someone calling my name.

“Jimmy, hey Jimmy,”

I looked to see who it was and I see Carl. I waved,

“Don’t bother Jimmy, I’ll come over there..” And the next thing I knew he jumped in the water and started swimming towards me. I’m like ‘what the hell is he doing?’ but he keeps on coming and finally he got to the dingy in no time.

“What the heck was that?” I said, he smiled at me and got inside the dingy.

“That was 7 years of competitive swimming...”

“Well no, that was scaring the crap outta me....”

“I understand.... I mean if a man came swimming towards me at such speed, I would be intimidated as well.” He said as he smiled.

“That’s not exactly what I meant... are you even aware how conceited you are?” I said as I picked up the oar and was beginning to row the boat. I know how it sounds....

“Wait we’re going back already?” He said

“Uhh... yeah, why? You wanna stay?”

“Actually if you think about it, wouldn’t it be nice if we fucked on a teenie tiny boat and see if it rocks?” He said standing up, I immediately freak out because he’s standing on a small boat.

“Sit down! Sit down--”

“Why? Am I rocking the boat?” He said laughing, he then sat down and he starts unbuttoning my shorts and kissing my neck. I shiver. His soft lips pursed, kissing—inching its way to my own. He then starts talking,

“Do you remember the girl in the photo?” I couldn’t answer and all I could do was moan.

“Aaaah..”

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he said smiling, “well you see, I invited her to come here. I just wanted to know that she still existed and not just a fading memory, she agreed and she’s bringing a friend. It’ll only be for a short while and they’re not even coming ‘til 10 months after new year. So would you do it?”

Carl always had this thing about him that always made you say yes, and with me it was no different. I still couldn’t control my own movements, and of course, I said yes. I couldn’t say no.

“Aaah... anything...anything,” I said moaning. He stripped me of my shorts and shirt, and pretty soon both of us were buck-ass nude. We then had sex in the boat.

I can’t believe that I agreed.

Well he does have a way with seducing people, one time he seduced a chef at restaurant to give us free food and I’ll be damned, it worked. This was really the first time we fucked. He liked fucking around the lake, even in it. During the summer that I’ve been there I’ve been sleeping at his house just so that he won’t forget to take his meds. Of course I was in a different room.

One day, he said we should watch the sunset at the lake together. I agreed but I had to go into town and buy some milk before the stores close, I told him I’d be at the lake before sunset. I was about to leave when he stopped me in my tracks, his face was serious.

“I need to tell you something urgent,” I pulled away and said, “Well, tell me when I get there.” And I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. When I got back, I put the milk and a few other things in the fridge and I went over to the lake. I saw a table neatly prepared with food and stuff, and I saw Carl in his snazzy suit, and there was a candelabrum with lit candles on it. It was almost sunset.

“What’s all of this?” I said,

“It was mean of me to make you say yes before; I didn’t take your feelings into consideration.” He then motioned for me to sit. It was nice. Just me and him having dinner, with a perfect view of the upcoming sunset, nice food on the table.... although I’m guessing he’s not really into wine so that’s why there’s beer on the table.

I still agreed on his ex-fiancé’s arrival. Actually I didn’t mind at all, in fact, I’ve always wondered why he liked her and stuff. And besides she’s bringing a friend over, who knows we could get into a really drunk night and decide to make the quaint meeting into a four-way. Sigh. I have such a perverted imagination.

“You still said yes. Why?” he said

“Well, it would be nice to meet the girl that occupied your entire mind once...” I smiled, “and it wouldn’t hurt to see a pretty girl once in awhile.” He then leans towards me and smiles and I smile back but as soon as I do that he looks deeply into my eyes and cups my face with his hands then he asked me, “You love me, right Jimmy?” I shrugged and he returned to smile. We ate—we dined, not to ruin the sophistication but we drank a shitload of beer. Then the evening slowly faded into the midnight’s glaring moon. We were sitting at the mouth of the lake staring into the skies, trying to make any constellation out of the stars.

We then fucked each other again that night, although this time it was more intimate. He stripped me down to my birthday suit; his fingers caressed my spine—making my spine tingle. It was as if he was reading me like Braille, his fingers exploring parts of my body even I haven’t explored. He then wraps his hands around my neck, I didn’t like the feel of me being choked but he still wouldn’t let go. He doesn’t care. My forehead was pressing hard against sand, his arm coiled around my neck like a snake, gripping—groping me. His other arm coiled around my waist, and his tongue was in my ear, on my throat. He then began kissing my body leaving trails of wetness, first his pursed lips travelled from my lower spine to upper back, then shoulders, then the neck—I was about to lose it. Don’t think I’m perverted or anything but I never remembered a time being this hard. He then rolled me into the water, the water was almost up to my eyes. I see him straddling my body. Then he entered slowly but then it got faster and faster and faster. Each thrust was so rough, and I liked it like that, I was losing it—my eyes rolled so far back that I could see the veins behind my eyelids, laced like intertwined cobwebs. I laid there moaning and he was moaning as well, with one more thrust we reached the climax and both of us come. After which we laid in the water gazing up at the sky, he then looked at me and said, “Jimmy, I love you.” I was still catching my breath.

 Maybe I love you too.

Maybe...