13

---Shreya's POV---

"Chorro!!" I yelled as he took me out of the house.

I screamed for help but nothing. See this is real life, stupid books and movies making you think that someone is going to come and help you out.

"Chup!! Ek dam chup warna,"he said.

"Varna kya?" I asked.

"Yaha marka rakh du ga,"he said.

"Aap toh hamasha martha hai. Aaj kya kas hai?" I asked.

He slapped me.

Okay! That is it!!! If he's going to do this then I'm going to say this.

"Ever since mom left, you have not let me a day of happiness. You say you want to kill me then do it. It's better to die altogether than die a little each and every day,"I said.

He was quite.

"And you say I'm the reason mom left. You're bloody wrong!! You're the reason she left. This behavior of yours is the reason she left. Nobody wants to be around something like you. And yes I said something and not someone because you don't deserve to be called a human. Your a disgrace to the entire human race. It's a disgrace to have you as father or be called your daughter. That's why mom left!! It was a disgrace for her to be called your wife!!" I said yelling some parts at him.

He was about to slap me again but I caught his hand.

"I'm tired of this,"I said. "You have no rights to hit me for telling you the truth."

"What truth? It was all a lie,''he said.

"Now it's even more obvious your drunk, because you can't except the right information,"I said.

"Let go of my hand!" He said.

"I think I owe you something,"I said.

I let go of his hand and slapped him.

I heard a gun shot and he started looking around. I took this opportunity to run away.

I just went the path my feet took me and prayed it would be somewhere safe.

I kept going for what like ever. I was too scared to even turn and look back, because if he was behind me, I don't know what I would do. I mean the last thing I did was slap him across the face. I don't care what people think about it. He maybe older than me, but he so deserved it and it felt good for one time nt being on the receiving end of it.

I finally made it on to a road and stopped for a few seconds to catch my breath.

I looked around and realized the road was familiar. In fact, it was very familiar.

It took me a few seconds to realize that it was the road of houses behind my house. That means I made it back to where my house was. I ran to the other side and saw a crowd gathered around my house.

What happened here?

I walked up to an officer and asked him.

"Neighbors heard a gun shot,"he said.

"I did as well. This is my house,"I said and told him everything that had happened.

"Where's your father now?" He asked.

"I don't know. I ran away from him,"I said.

"Where were you two together last?" He asked.

I went on and told him.

"Okay. Thank you,"he said and left to talk to another one who was probably the head.

I walked behind everyone. I could have sworn I saw Hussain but I wouldn't trust what I'm seeing. Just for the heck of it I pinched myself and he was there.

He noticed me but I told him to not say or do anything.

The crowd started clearing and I was sure now.

I ran and hugged Atif from behind.

---Atif's POV---

"Relax please. The police ate trying to figure everything out,"Hussain said.

While we were waiting I had told him everything.

"I'm scared that it might be too late. Or if they find her she'll turn into the Shreya that I knew at school,"I said.

"Think positive,"he said.

He was looking somewhere and I followed his gaze but nothing.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Hhmmm what? Nothing,"he said.

"Okay?"I said but it came out as a question.

The crowd had started to clear up.

"Should we leave as well?" I asked.

"No, I think you need to stay,"Hussain said.

"Need, but why?" I asked.

Someone had hugged me from behind.

"That's why,"he said. "I'll be in the car."

I turned around confused at his words.

"Shreya?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Oh my God!!" I said.

I hugged her super tight and ever wanting to let go.

"You scared me so bad. Asa koi badla latha hai kya?" I asked.

She laughed. See she remembers.

"I'm sorry. Par yeh planned nai tha,"she said.

"I know. Tumhari yeh halath kisna ki?" I asked.

"The person who my mom left and the same person I no longer have a relationship with,"she said.

Oh my God! Her dad definitely crossed limits. I hugged her again. I noticed that she was crying and I don't blame her.

"Mujha kabhi bi asa na darna,"I said.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't even be crying. I should be happy that he's finally out of my life,"she said.

I wiped her tears off.

"Your right you should be happy. Because the Sherya that I fell in love with was the happy, bubbly one that you came to be,"I said.

"Love?" She asked.

"Ya, I love you,"I said.