No 'I' In Team

I was all the way on the other side of the building when I had gotten the video. I had to sprint to get back to the conference room. My hot tears were streaming down my face as I ran.

I reached the conference room and threw open the door. The entire team was there. Half of them were in their pajamas, but they were there.

The room erupted when they saw the look on my face. It was a mixture of 'oh my god's' and 'Alice, are you okay'.

Steve jumped up from the table when he saw me shaking. He wrapped me in a tight hug, stroking my hair at the same time.

"What happened?" He asks.

"The Winter Soldier. He contacted me. He threatened me and you." I manage to choke out.

Natasha stands up and grabs me a tissue. She hands it to me before she sits back down. "How did he contact you?" She asked.

"He hacked the computer. He video chatted me. I couldn't stop it." I explained. Steve guided me over to chair. He was a gentleman, and pulled it out for me. I sat down and he pushed the chair in.

"How did he threaten you? Tony asks.

"He said he had a sniper. Said my head was locked in the sniper's sights. He said if I called for help, he would shoot Steve." I wiped my eyes as more tears continued to fall. Steve took my hand in his. His grip intensified.

"Did he have any demands?" Clint asked.

"He wants me to go to Central Park tomorrow at noon. I have to bring one million dollars with me. No one is allowed to come, but myself. He said that I would pay the price in front of everyone if I brought someone with me. He'll probably kill me." I explained.

"No, this is too dangerous for you to go by yourself. I won't let you do that." Steve looks me straight in the eye.

"Steve, he'll kill me." I argue back. "Not to mention if he sees any of you, he probably won't hesitate to kill you."

"Alice, it's too risky." Clint speaks.

"Well, even if I don't go, he will probably try and kill me. There's no way to get out of this. I have to meet him there."

"Then we're going too." Nat interjects.

The team exchanged glances, nodding their heads in approval.

"No, I can't ask that of all of you. This isn't your fight. It's my war." I say.

"We're a team, Alice. And a team has to stick together. We're all going." Steve says.

I shake my head, lowering it in the process. "Don't you see!" I exclaim. "He's won! Cole has won! We're giving in and surrendering! If I go, then a lot less people will get hurt. If you all accompany me, who knows what will happen. Let me take the blame for all of this." I sigh. Steve's hand rubs my back. I raise my head, sniffling through some more falling tears.

"Alice, there's no I in team. We all have to stick together. We can come up with a plan. We'll do anything to make sure nothing bad will happen." Clint speaks up.

"Then what are you going to do?" I ask.