White Moon Valerie and Peter

I used to think that if you believed hard enough you'd get what you'd have longed for, wished for. Believed in. Peter helped me understand just how wrong I was. I will forever be grateful to him for that. For everything. Sometimes what your heart longs for isn't there. You have to find it. That's what love is about. Taking risks. Second chances. Falling. My sister had told me once that 'loving might be a mistake but it's worth making.' I forgot about that. Until now I never realized it's true meaning. I also never thought about sacrifice. I also never looked at the world from the wolf's perspective. Until now. Until Peter. He promised he would come. But heck you never knew with him. I have a surprise for him. Though he's been gone 8 months, you can't hide from the fact that they were painful. Peter gave me the most precious thing ever. I have to tell him.

How will I find him. I waited for him. I need him. Lissa needs him. I was walking through the woods. To get water. When I heard a howl. More like a cry. A cry for help.

I raced over to see what happened. And there lay a black as night wolf. My wolf. Peter. I kneel down beside him. Staring into his cold eyes. Suddenly they change. They become a dark brown they get warmer. They have changed. Grown older. Wiser. But there's still that hint of that bad boy and that makes me smile. It's 4:59 in the morning. He's supposed to change back in one minute. Finally. Peter was back. This great and powerful animal sitting right in front of me.

"Peter?"

"Valerie? God Valerie I'm dangerous. Please. Stay away from me."

"No. I am never letting you go again. You don't deserve it."

"No. You don't deserve to get hurt. Please. Just listen to me. I am afraid. For the consequences. I don't know what to do. For the first time in my life, I can't breathe. I am not certain of what to do."

"Don't make up your mind. Come with me. I have to show you something. I guarantee it will change your thoughts. Please."

He got up and followed me through the woods. We walked. I grabbed his hand and intertwined my fingers through his. He tripped on a branch and I smirked.

"Haven't been here in a while huh?"

"It doesn't feel like home to me. If it weren't for you I would have never come back."

I was afraid someone would see him so I walked behind the homes and entered through our secret door. Only Roxanne was at home. Waiting for me to bring back water. I could tell Roxanne right?

"Hey Val you have the water?!" She yelled chopping up some vegetables.

"Um...actually, I was going to get water when I found something better." I stated leading Peter down into the kitchen.

"Oh. Well...Valerie! What did you do? Get him out. No one has seen him since your dad died! He could be the killer." She said holding up her knife.

"Roxanne, I never told you but I know who the killer is. I'm sorry but you will not like it."

"Tell me."

"Why do you want to know? He was a danger to us all. Just like I am now. Just show me what I need to see and let me go." Peter said staring into my eyes.

"You're going to show him? Him of all people? Unless...he isn't! Please Valerie tell me he isn't!"

"I'm not what?" Peter asked looking at me.

"Nothing. Just come see."

We walked up the stairs to a little bed. In it lay a baby wrapped in red cloth. Looking as cozy as ever.

"Aww. That is so cute but how is a baby going to change my mind."

"Just say hi to it."

"Okay hello. What's her name?"

"How'd you know it was a girl?"

"It was a guess. She looks so much like you. She's got your big eyes. But her hair and nose don't really match you or your mother's or father's for the record."

"Who's child is this?" I hesitate. "Val?"

"It's mine." I say weakly shrugging. He just stands there.