Chapter One

The time has come again to prepare themselves for the battle of the last chocolate yoghurt in the fridge. Layla stares at her brother with determination filled in her eyes. Determined to get the last yoghurt. Travis on the other hand smirks at her, his eyes not leaving Layla's eyes.

"I get the yoghurt." Layla states while reaching to open the fridge.

Travis moves and blocks Layla in the way. "What makes you think I don't want the yoghurt for myself?"

"Because I said so." Layla tries to push her brother out of the way but he still doesn't budge. Travis laughs as Layla uses all her strength to push him, but fails.

Layla knows that she couldn't push Travis out of the way because of his brute strength. Travis had an athletic build compared to Layla's weak structure. Layla was a lot more skinner and a lot more shorter than Travis. Travis was around 6ft while Layla was only around 5ft 8. Layla didn't want to use her special moves to get him out of the way, but she knows it's the only way to get him to move.

The move was 'The Tickle Monster'.

Layla's hands form into shapes of claws, walking slowly towards Travis with a massive grin on her face. Travis starts to turn pale and looks around for something to block her with.

"I'm not afraid of you or your 'move' Layla" Travis says with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Are you sure about that Travis? So why are you shaking then"? Layla replies sarcastically.

"Because it is cold.. yea it's cold" Travis defends himself. "It's cold because you're here." While slowly reaching for the magazine that was left unread on the counter.

"Yea right Travis. That yoghurt is MINE" she says while starting to tickle him ferociously.

Travis laughs uncontrollably and falls onto his knees. Layla falls onto her knees at the same time. Travis starts to turn red like a tomato and ends up falling on his back.

"Who's a good doggie!?" Layla says. When she tries to reach for the fridge handle, Travis accidentally hits Layla across the face with his elbow.

"Oh shit sorry. Or am I sorry"? Travis says with a smirk on his face.

Layla gives him the most evilest stare before quickly opening the fridge and grabbing the yoghurt. Travis tries to grab the yoghurt but Layla was too quick to get up. Layla dashes for the front door and leaves the house with an angry Travis still inside.

*****

"So you just left Travis alone in the house?"

"Exactly." Layla smiles at her friend Gene who was shaking her head.

"Just for yoghurt?"

Layla nods while eating a spoon of yoghurt. Gene starts facepalming herself while Layla laughs uncontrollably.

"You do realise that he will do something worse to you during school right"? Gene says with a worried frown. Layla rolls her eyes.

"It depends if he wants everyone to know his secret weakness or not" Layla replies with a sly smile.

As if just on cue Travis walks over towards them. Layla and Gene were currently at their lockers, waiting for their other friend Arthur.

"Your brother at 12 o'clock." Gene whispers the directions in Laylas ear.

Once Travis reaches them he smiles and innocently smiles. "What a lovely day huh?"

Layla and Gene both look at each other and roll their eyes at Travis's small talk.

"What do you want Travis?" Layla asks, cutting all the small talk.

"What do you mean what do I want?" Travis smirks at Layla. "You've already taken what I wanted this morning." Layla gives him a look of disbelief.

"Don't lie. I can tell you want something like... revenge maybe'?" Layla says sweetly. Travis gives her a dirty look before heading to his first class.

"Loser!" Layla shouts at Travis's back. Travis quickly gives her the finger while trying to avoid the stares of lovestruck girls around him.

Layla rolls her eyes as the girls all wave at Travis while Travis smiles back at them and waves.