Chapter 12: Rebellion of the Mind

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

Hello everyone! I actually didn't think I would be able to update this weekend, but tadaaa, a nice surprise! I dedicate this chapter to BugzBunn, even though I don't know you very well, I really appreciate all the comment you have given me! Thanks so much! Song is "Fight" by All Good Things! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and please comment and vote 'n such! ^^ Thanks so much, and until the next chapter!

☯ ☯ ☯

Lucy woke with a pain in the back of her head, her dreams absent last night and unable to take her away from reality's nightmare. Her legs were there there she woke, and her ankles were still sore from Kane's abuse. Her body was stiff, and she yearned to stretch out her legs with a walk, but there was no way she was going to get to do that in her current situation.

There were no guards around, not a sound. Lucy was probably at the very top of the building, since she saw such a wide view of Natantis. She looked at the chains around her wrists and sighed, her mind refreshed but her body weak. It seemed the curse was draining her every passing day, and when the time came when her span ran out, what would happen? Would she lose her tail forever? Or would it be something much worse? The thought pestered Lucy until she realized something else.

Blight would be coming back soon.

Until she could find a way out of there, she needed to defend herself mentally. She needed, just once, to become like her father and have his guarded mind. The blonde could never guess what he was thinking, and she needed to take it to the next level. She would lose her life is she didn't, and she was raised not to give up so easily. If anything, that was one thing Lucy was proud of about herself. She'd die before she'd give up.

A Tracker guard came by with breakfast, and Lucy was surprised by it. She figured that they'd starve her to weaken her mind, and she looked at the bowl suspiciously, but didn't notice any signs of poison. Her father had made her memorize poisons after her mother had died, one of his many overprotective acts. She didn't think, however, that it would ever come in handy.

Well, she hoped it wouldn't.

The thought of Lucy's father made a small pain in her chest grow, but she couldn't afford to think about that now. She needed to steel herself for Blight's arrival, and the food in the bowl the Tracker had given her was going to help her do that by restoring her strength. As she waited for him, Lucy prayed to her mother and now, her father. She asked for the strength to defend herself for as long as it took, for Neptune to look down on her and help her, for a way out of there.

And when she opened her eyes, her pupils lightened just for a moment, as if she had been answered.

"Good afternoon, lass; did ye miss me?" Blight asked, the Tracker shutting the door behind him.