The Move

My mother always told me I was special. But then again everyone tells their kid that. I mean who's going to tell their socially awkward teenage daughter that they're a loser. No matter how true it may be. "You posess a special quality Disi. You're differen't. You're special and if people don't accept that then too bad." She would tell me. I never believed her though. I mean I am far from special. I'm awkward. I'm taller than average (5'10 to be exact). I have very ordinary features and not to mention my very uncommon name Disi Aslan Diosa. What kind of name is that? So long with trying to find my name on a keychain.

I unloaded the last of the boxes from my mom's old pick up truck and carried them inside our new house. I placed the box full of our belongings in the middle of the empty living room and huffed out of relief. " Well that's the last of the boxes Mom." I said wiping sweat off my forehead. She sarcastically did a victory dance and I couldn't help but laugh.

"That's great! Now all we have to do is unpack everything again and put them where they belong." She replied. I groaned in dismay and sat down on the floor of the cold room. I was too tired. " Fine I guess you can take a break for a bit."

" Thanks mom"

"Just not here. I want you to go out for a bit. I'll take care of the unpacking." She said

"You sure?"

"Yea Disi I'll be fine. Your bike is on the front lawn." I nodded my head and walked out the door. On the lawn lied my bike and I picked it upright and got on it. I zipped up my sweater and began peddling through this unknown town. The air felt cool and it sent a chill down my spine. A strange yet familiar feeling ran through my body. The feeling I got before something weird happened. Whenever I did something weird. "Oh boy" I thought to myself. Oh boy was right.