Wake Up Call

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my mother's voice. "Disi! Disi wake up. How ya feelin'?" I slowly fluttered my eyes open completely unaware of where I was. The light shining through the windows of the room was blinding. I sat up in my bed and scanned the room.

"Uh mom what happened?" I said sleepily

"Not enough time for that. Now I've got breakfast ready downstairs and a change of  clothes on your dresser. Let's get moving!" she said. I stared at her confused.

"Why the hurry mom? Where are we going?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"Well you are going to your first day of school and me to my first day at work." She said cheerfully. I groaned and layed back in bed, recalling the incident that occured the night before. Hopefully those guys didn't go to the same school that I was going to.

"But mom, what about the thing that happened last night? What if those guys go to my school? I can't show my face now!"

"Don't worry about it. That's all taken care of." She replied calmly. What did she mean by taken care of? I quickly thought of another excuse.

"Well what about my ankle remember? How am I supposed to walk?" I recalled how last night standing, walking, or moving my ankle was excruciating. You know, before that weird adrenaline rush.

"Well, does it still hurt?" I shrugged. I slowly pulled the covers off my legs to observe my ankle. It was no longer swollen. It was completely normal looking. I decided to try to stand on it. I swung my legs to the side of the bed and touched my bare feet to the cold wooden floor. Nothing. No pain what so ever. Injury completely healed overnight. Miraculously. I looked to my mom in disbelief. "Well?" she asked.

" It feels fine.." I said a bit dissapointed. I really didn't want to go to school. A new school. I would have to meet new people and try not to stand out  all over again.

"Well that's great news! Now come on let's get hustlin and bustlin!" she said giving me a nudge on the arm. I quickly got ready.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The ride in the car that morning was the longest, most nerve-racking ride ever. So many thoughts ran through my head. What would the school look like? What would my classes be like? What would the kids be like? I stared out the window observing the gloomy town. It was raining and I watched as the droplets splashed against the glass of the window. This place was different from the sunny skies and beaches I was used to. Here, there were just a bunch of oak trees and lakes. Not a very cheerful site. It was quiet on the ride there, untill we arrived. Then all you could hear was the beating of my heart pounding against my chest. My heart sank at the site I saw.

*Read This:

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying my story so far! I have received some very nice comments and feedback which is very appreciated! You guys are what keep me motivated to write as I tend to be quite fickle with my writing. I thank you all so much! Comment some things you hope to see happen in my story!

-She Who Spoke