Taken Over

A tingling sensation ran through my body as I peddled through the silent roads of this new town. Templeton Valley was the name. It was a small town yet so greatly undiscovered. The sun was at sunset almost nightfall I would have to head home soon.

As I continued peddling the feeling became stronger. As If I was getting closer to something. In the distance I noticed a strange site. Young people. Considering that I hadn't seen anything but adults around it was quite odd. Groups of teenagers exited and entered into a house in what seemed to be a big party. I noticed a group of rowdy kids in the front hanging around a car. They were passing around what looked like liquor. In an act to avoid problems I tried to turn around. But my front wheel was flat and wouldn't budge. "Just great" I thought to myself. I turned around and began to walk my bike home when I heard a series of catcalls and whistles.

"Hey sugar where you think you're going?" a male's voice called out. "The party's this way!" I ignored them and kept walking,faster this time. Suddenly I heard footsteps pounding against the pavement and I turned around to see what it was. A group of five guys ran after me clearly drunken. I turned back around, dropped my bike and began to run. Why did I always attract trouble? The wind whipped against my hair as I ran.I was surprised to find that even though they were drunk they were surprisingly fast. I attempted to take a sharp turn but tripped over my own feet and hit the ground with a thud.I was such a clutz. I scrambled to get up but screetched in pain for my ankle had twisted and was probably sprained. 

They eventually caught up to me and formed a circle around me. They observed me like I was the last piece of ham at dinner. "Well look what we've got here boys. A new girl. We oughtta show her the ropes around here." said the guy who called out to me earlier. He had a slur to his speech. He looked like trouble. His hair was dark black and sculpted into a mohawk. He had intense brown eyes that were filled with lust and his mouth curved up to a crooked smile. I instantly hated him.

"So what are we planning on doing with this one Zeek?" another guy asked

"I have a few ideas in mind." Zeek replied. I tried to get up and run but without success for my ankle was swollen and painful. I screeched out in pain as one guy poked at it. I felt like a helpless animal being poked and prodded. Things were going to get bad real fast unless something happened. They stood their laughing at me and throwing out derogatory comments at me clearly enjoying my vulnerable state.

"Why don't you idiots just f*** off!" I yelled. They ooohed in unison. 

"And how exactly are you going to make us, stick girl?" Zeek said clearly referring to the fact I was so thin. Anger began to boil inside me and a rush of heat was sent through my body. I jumped up off the ground as If my injured ankle was non existent. The group of guys all took a step back. I noticed fear in their eyes.

"Um maybe we should go Zeek" one of the guys spoke his voice uneasy.

" Shut up Brian! This chick's just putting up a front" he said taking a step towards me. I didn't budge. It was almost like all my fear vanished. Like I was someone else. Some thing else.

Zeek swung  his fist to my face but I dodged it . I felt it coming. He woddled out of balance. He swung again but this time instead of dodging his blow I grabbed his fist. With a tight grip I twisted his arm and held it against his back. I kicked him in the back of his knee which sent him to the ground. He called out in pain to his buddies but they were gone. Better for me I thought. I could concentrate on him. I wanted to make him feel helpless. I wanted to see him in pain. This overwhelming feeling of power had taken over me and I liked it. It was almost as if I had transformed. I brought my attention back to the Zeek who was up and dragging his injured body away from me. I chuckled to myself clearly aware that their was no escaping me.

"Hey Sugar where do you think you're going?" I called out mocking him. I ran up to him and kicked his other leg. He fell to the ground. He yelled out in pain.

"Please stop! I'm sorry!" he yelled out.

"And how exactly are you going stop me?" I began to bring my fist up to knock him out when I heard my name.

"Disi? Disi what is going on?!" I heard my mother yell. I turned around to see her face in complete shock. Then suddenly all the heat that had boiled within my body went out. I was brought back to reality. I looked down at Zeek who was helpless and trembling on the concrete. I looked to my mom who was now kneeled down beside him. She observed his injuries and began to wave her hand over his body while mumbling something I couldn't quite understand. Then Zeek passed out. I stood there shocked. I couldn't fathom what had justed happened. I felt weak in my legs and my ankle began to ruthlessly hurt again. Everything began to spin. Last thing I heard was "Disi are you okay?"

Then all went black.