Chapter 4 Forgotten: Monsters

She didn't mean to read his journal, to pry on his privacy but now that she was thinking about it. She questioned what it seemed like to her.

Stories, seem like

As she hit the button for the elevator, she distantly heard the sound of a lamp smashing into a wall.

Well, like death.

************************** 14 Hours Earlier **************************

Stepping out of the shower, she clenched the towel tighter around her body.

After her so called babysitters unstrapped her. They tied a blindfold around her eyes than proceeded to escort her to her room.

Oddly, doing so they had been gentle.

Only when they reached her room, did their stance change. They had ripped her blindfold harshly away from her face. Leaving the room but not before slamming the door. It was obvious they were standing guard outside from the lack of footsteps that refused to echo the halls.

A fresh set of clothes that was not there before lay silently on the bed. Black leggings, Nike Shoes, undies, sports bra, and a thin long sleeve sweater.

She pulled them on quickly carelessly throwing her hair into a bun. There was no mirror in the room however neither was there any in the bathroom.

She didn't give much thought to it. It still bothered her that she couldn't remember her own name or past memories. Wasn't she suppose to have any memories of anything?

It scared her.

She didn't want to close her eyes afraid of what she would find in the dark. She couldn't understand any of these emotions swirling inside her mind and frankly she didn't want too.

Her head flew up as the door flung open, her eyebrows knotted together in confusion.

"What's going on?" Nobody answered her just gestured her to follow. Standing up from the bed she followed them out the door. Red lush carpet draped entry of the room leading into the endless hallway that seemed to stretch for miles. They walked down the path, mirrors etched on every side of the wall glared back at her.

The person staring back at her, shadowing her every movement took the shape of her reflection but instead of the cool collected facial she was wearing. Her so called reflection wore a smug smirk whispering sweet nothings back at her.

She touched her lips, they were sealed.

She turned to the right. Her reflection was shaking her head looking at her with pleading eyes.

It was trying to sent a silent message, too bad she didn't do telepathy.

Her gaze moved back to the mirror on the left, her reflection was still whispering. Almost begging her not to look. It whispered something but the opening of her lips were so small.

How the hell was anyone suppose to understand.

She stopped and lean closer to listen.

Focusing on her lips, she concentrated on her reflection. She could make out the first word.

'Closer.'

Her heart started pounding in her chest. That smell, she could smell it again. Her nostrils were filled with it. She looked up to see if her babysitters had noticed she stopped walking but they hadn't. They were still walking.

She looked back to her right but the pleading eyes were no longer there. It was empty. Crystal Clear, reflecting only the hall and her two babysitters. Her stomach stirred.