Chapter Two

Starting to get majorly freaked out by the fact that I had lost most of my memory, I try to remember anything. Grayson hands me an iPhone with a black and pink Otterbox. Once again, it feels familiar, but I don't know why. I give him a look, and he says "it's yours..." My eyes widen. I have an iPhone?! Nice! I press the home button, the screen lights up, and I go to unlock it. That's when I see a password lock. That's just terrific. I look up at him again.

"Password?!" I ask. He shrugs.

"I couldn't guess it!"

"We'll now I have an iPhone that I can't even use," I sigh. He shakes his head and paces. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You! How could this happen! You barely remember anything..." He says. "I'm worried."

"Grayson...don't worry about me. This will end up working out. It'll get better," I try and comfort the guy I don't even remember, but I can tell we were pretty close. I feel like I should totally be comforting him. "Why don't you sit down and chill out. Come here." He sighs and sits on the couch next to me. His phone (also an iPhone with an Otterbox) buzzes, and he takes it out of his sweatshirt pocket.

"It's Lily. She's on her way," he explains. "Lilly is one of our friends," he adds, realizing I of course, don't remember her. "Shes smart, she might know how to help." I nod, understanding.

"When will she be here?" I ask.

"She'll probably be here in about ten minutes," he replies. "Are you hungry at all?"

"Can I just have a glass of water? I don't really have much of an appetite right now."

"Sure," he says, and he gets up and walks to the kitchen. Less than a minute later, he comes back with a glass of water. "Drink up," He urges. I take the glass and drink. Just what I needed. I down the whole glass pretty quickly, and then sit up and put the glass on the coffee table.

"Thanks," I say finally.

"No prob," he says. We sit in silence for about five minutes. I could tell he was thinking, and I didn't want to bother him, so I use the time to try and remember something. I remember running around in a grassy backyard, pushing a toy lawn mower. I must have been a young child at the time. Was it my backyard? I saw a woman sitting on an overturned metal boat, and a man leaning against a shed. My parents? I couldn't make out their faces in the memory. It was summer. It was so peaceful and perfect.

"Jade?" It's Grayson. "Lilly's here." I smile,

"Ok." And he gets up and goes to let her in. I hear the front door open, and then some quiet conversation. I can't make out what they're saying, but I can assume it's about me. A hear footsteps and Grayson appears with a girl. She's shorter than I am, with curly light brown hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and a worried look on her face. "Jade?" She asks. Her voice is familiar. I smile, and she comes over and sits next to me. "Do you remember me?" She asks.

"No...but you are familiar, and I know your name is Lilly," I reply, hoping that counts for something. She sighs.

"We're going to get your memory back. We will. I promise," I could tell she was serious.

"I remembered something from my childhood a couple of minutes ago...but I was so young in the memory. I don't think it'll really help," I say, slightly disappointed.

"No. It's fine. Any memory is better than no memory," she says. I notice Grayson standing in the doorway of the living room, just quietly watching. Sullenly listening to our conversation. Lilly speaks again, "do you remember anything else at all?"

"I remember something from elementary school...sitting at a desk, playing with little eraser caps that have faces on them." I say with a slight chuckle. I could tell my friends had them too. Our little group of desks all connected. I didn't know who they were...