Chapter three

During the day, I remembered a few other things from my childhood. Grayson and Lilly continued to try and think of ways to get my memory back, and I wrote down anything that popped into my head. I remembered this group of girls I used to get into fights with in preschool. I'd been better friends with the teachers than with the kids! I'd only had a couple of friends in preschool. A couple of red-headed twins that I haven't seen since. We built hotels for bugs in the sandbox. Preschool was so free...all we did was play. Even though I was pretty antisocial and hated everyone, preschool was fun. At Halloween we had a costume parade. In the summer we had ice pops and sat on beach blankets on the lawn.

In elementary school, I was absent the day the chicks hatched. I came back the next day and threw a fit because (just my luck) I missed it. I got put in time out so many times for having fun. I even got in trouble for yawning once! Another time I got in trouble for putting shaving cream on my nose while we were playing with it on the desks. I got in trouble in art class for being too literal with my drawings. We were supposed to draw a colorful animal, and I drew a realistic one. I've always been bad at sports apparently. We had this thing called field day, where we played sports and ran races. I always lost, but the day of no school was always fun. I remember one time I punched a kid in the face, giving him a bloody nose. Another time I bit a kid for trying to hug me. I was a violent one apparently.

I kept remembering things from when I was a kid, but nothing from right now! That was frustrating.

"Grey? What happened...why did I lose my memory?"

"I don't know...I might not want to know..." He says ominously.

"What do you know? How did you know something was wrong?" I ask, afraid of the answer.

"I found you, at school lying on the ground in a hallway. It looked like someone knocked you out. I don't know who, but whoever it was probably wanted you to forget something."

"Oh." I'd had a feeling it would be something like that. "Great. Well can we check the school security cameras?!"

Greyson laughed scornfully "already tried that. They won't let us anywhere near it because 'we have no proof that anyone did anything' because there was no blood or anything. There's no proof you were ever there, because the second I found you I got you out of there."

"Oh." I replied sadly and sighed. "Can you people tell me more about myself?"

Lilly smiled sadly and nodded. "You've been in drama club for four years now. You love to sing, and you got a supporting role in the musical this year, which is unheard of because you're a freshman. You were afraid to audition until this year, so you were in stage crew through middle school. You performed in the talent show, and were amazing."

"Do we have any videos?" I ask. Greyson nodded and walked over to a bunch of movies near the TV. He pulled out a clear case, and put the disc in the DVD player, turning on the TV as well.

"This is the musical you were in. My mom directs them, so we get them on dvd." He hits play, and the video starts to play. It's pretty crappy quality video, but it gets the point across. I see myself on stage, and then I start to sing.

'How come I couldn't cross my own street, why was I scared to get to my door...'

-------------------------------------------

'It's the circle of life...and it moves us all...'

I'm wearing a pink costume thing and a mask. The Lion King? Second grade. Ensemble. Turns out this wasn't my first play after all.