Lorelei O'Riley

Lorelei O'Riley was the Neville Longbottom of the Slytherin House. She was simply a short, spacey girl, who was quite clumsy and a bit forgetful. Although, she was most certainly a Slytherin. She was sly, highly ambitious, and most importantly a pure blood. She was especially intelligent with any sort of history, but was also no fault to potion. She was a tad selfish, and knew how to get what she wanted.

She bore her family symbol on a necklace she wore constantly. She came from a line of Irish Dragon Tamers, and her firey mane of curly red hair down to her mid back almost proved that. She had large blue eyes, that twinkled with a small bit of mischeif. She didn't look too much like a stereotypical Slytherin. She was half convinced in fact, that she should have been a Hufflepuff. When all was said and done though, she was just as Slytherin as everyone else there. Well not everyone there. Avalon Little was the defenition of Slytherin. She was one of the most cunning people Lorelei had seen. Avalon knew exactly what she wanted, and wasn't at all afraid to do whatever it took to get whatever whim she asked for. Tall, dark-skinned, and straightened hair that was always tied back in a braid, she was Lorelei's best friend.

There was also Zachary Postro, the just as tall, blonde hair, blue eyed, eagle nosed of a Russian. He simply adored Avalon, and that was quite known throughout the House. Avalon knew this too, she tended to be coy however, and this trait lead much to Lorelei's disdain. This was the way things were however, and it was Avalon's buisness anyways. She preferred to keep out of these affairs of love and war.

Lorelei was sitting in the common room, her green skirt a bit dirty from today's affairs in Potions. Some of these ingredients stained quite horribly if spilled. At least she was quick and Snape didn't notice the slip-up. She was currently reading people right now. An odd hobby, looking at people and trying to see through them. Currently she was trying to read Draco Malfoy. She squinted at him, trying to see what kind of person he actually was.

"Wow" she said to herself. "He really is a mean person." she chuckled lightly.

"What's so funny O'Riley?" Draco sneered. "Having fun enjoying the view?" He taunted, a slight curl in his voice as it changed pitch.

She simply stuck out her tounge, her necklace flashing in the fire. She absolutley enjoyed ruffling people up a bit. Draco was so full of himself. She found it simply hilarious. She shrunk herself back into the seat, and continued on thinking to herself a bit about her homework. (Which she had forgotten about)

The next day, she was sitting with Avalon and Zasten at the Slytherin table, eating her lunch of roast beef, peas, and mashed potatoes. Merlin, she felt like an elf compared to these two. Standing up she had a heigth of 5'2''(and a half, she counted). While Avalon was 5'8'', and Zachary a good 6'.This didn't matter too much to her though. She was sure she will grow some later on. Draco approached them, and sat across from Lorelei. Ever present Crabbe and Goyle on his sides.

"What do you want this time Draco?" Avalon casually said, in her usual bored manner.

"That is for Lorelei to answer." Draco said haughtily.

Lorelei eyed Draco in an odd manner. He hadn't come up to her for anything really, except for the occasional answer to a homework question. Even then that was rare. Raising an eyebrow she wondered what he wanted, which was quickly answered.

"What is that gastardly symbol you always wear? It is quite ugly if I do say so myself." He laughed.

Lorelei was suprised that Draco didn't even know the symbol for his name. The symbol she wore was of the Constellation Draco, the Dragon Ladon which protected the Golden Apple Tree. One of the largest constellations in the sky. Otherwise known as her family's agreed logo for their buisness.

"This, my dear Draco, happen's to be the symbol for the Constellation Draco." she snickered.

He did not look pleased, but more so suprised and disgusted that someone would so casually wear a symbol that represented his name. The Prince of Slytherin took this as a personal offense. He couldn't help having his cheeks grow a bit warm from embarassment that he didn't know of this before hand. At least this was not visible, and he was able to compose himself quite quickly.

"Well if you fancy me that much Lorelei," he drawled out her name. A new occurence, he hardly ever used her first name. Come to think of it, he never used it at all. "You should really just tell me. I would absolutley love to have the pleasure of turning you down."

Lorelei snickered. As if she would like Draco. Draco was not her cup of tea, nor did she wan't him to be. She did not want to let this opportunity to be sarcastic slip by. A twinkle in her eye, she quickly retorted.

"Oh yes Draco, darling. I am ever so in love with you. That is the only reason why I wear my family's "logo" round my neck!" Voice high, in an ever-so-sarcastic tone.

Draco did a combination between scoffing and sneering. He was used to being the Prince of Slytherin, and having all the Slytherin girls throw themselves at him. He was amused by this little bit she was pulling.

"Hmm well, as flattering as that may sound...I do not associate with cowards such as yourself." He said with a bit of an evil smile.

"Sure are talking to one right now." Avalon said, annoyed at Draco's presence and just loving to nit pick every little thing she could. Draco once again looked at her quite haughtily. "Did I ask for your interjection?" Avalon smiled and breathed out in what sounded like an almost laugh.

Draco walked away, but not without walking around the end of the table, in which they were so conveniently seated, and "accidentally" knocked Lorelei a bit out of her seat. Her response was a small squeal. A noise Draco found delightful in a sadistic sort of way. With one last glare at Malfoy's backside, Lorelei returned to her meal.

Draco sat in the Slytherin common room on his favourite couch by the fire place. While looking into the fire, he couldn't help by being reminded of Lorelei's hair, consequently bringing his mind to Lorelei. He certainly didn't have any romantic interest in her. He did however, have a more friendly kind of interest in her. Something about her seemed a bit out of place. He thought that there was something more about her, something that she was hiding. Maybe she was a Slytherin after all. He would hate to see a potential of information go to waste. Perhaps she knew something about Sirius Black's escape? No it wasn't that...

"Thinking about me Draco deary~" A voice behind him purred.

Startled, but not visibly, he recognized that voice as belonging to Lorelei. "Of course not, don't flatter yourself O'Riley." 'Merlin can she read minds or something?' Rolling his eyes, he returned to staring into the fire. "Oh I see we are back on the last-name basis, what a pity I thought we could be friends." She was leaning a bit dangerously over the couch, her feet off the ground. She was unaware of this however. Leaning forward a bit more to look at his face a bit better she found herself toppoling over the couch. She screeched briefly, before having a stroke of luck and being blessed with a small bit of flexibility, was able to pull it off as a transition into the splits. 'ow ow ow ow ow please help me up Malfoy come on ow ow owwww' She scrunched up her face in pain and embarassment, while Draco was having a grand laugh.

"Having fun there O'Riley?" he said between chuckles, which were dying down. (As were the ones around the room). Oh she would not hear the end of this for at least a week.

"D-draco can you please help me u-up?" Geez, the splits hurt more than she throught they would. It didn't help her foot slid under the couch in her little routine.

"Oh I am sorry O'Riley but you will have to plead a bit harder then that." He said in an almost sultry voice, smiling down at her while tugging a bit at his collar.

"Oh Prince of Slytherin, will you oblige to lend me your help, your graciousness~?" She said in a sickly sweet voice, mocking that of a damsel in distress.

Draco's smile turned into a smirk. "Good enough." He took Lorelei's hands and hoisted her up. With a smile Lorelei looked up at him. "Thank you very much!" Straightening up her skirt she turned to leave. With his arms folded he called after her. "You're welcome, and nice knickers by the way." The smirk audible. Lorelei blushed quite visibly. The whole common room seem to erupt in laughter. She ran up to her dorm.

She whispered to herself, "Make that a month..."