f o u r

My life was never the same again after that day. My father engrossed himself in his work while the maids took care of me. I was depressed, quiet. I hardly ever came out of my room. I remember doing pointless stuff to pass the time. I was snapping on my bed one day and little embers burst from between my fingers. It took me years to master the snap fire but before I did, I burned several things in the process. I burned my curtains, paper, clothes, bedspreads, and countless other things that I cannot recall to mind. It grew stronger within me and the fire burned brighter, longer. As I learned to control it, my father never knew how many cuts I've made, how many times I've cauterized the slits, and how many long sleeve shirts I wore.

When I turned 10, my rebellious side came out. I had developed 3 new powers, I could read minds, I could bend the weather at my will, and occasionally I could hover, and if I really wanted to, fly, at any given time. During this time in my life, my father had become aware of my few but strong abilities and he tried to keep me protected, shielded from the world. We moved away from San Francisco to a small town in central California just outside of Fresno. I was bored and constantly flew back to see my friends in the cover of darkness. When I was 13, I felt the power of extreme endurance, I never got tired and I ran everywhere.

When I was 15, I felt like my life was spiraling out of control. I ran away from the prison cell my father was keeping me in, go a fake ID, made my way down to Los Angeles and started working at a bar. I had a new power that I got when I turned 16, every bottle i held in my hand never ran out of liquid. It came in real handy when I wanted to start anew in Chicago. I had no means of getting there since I had no clue how to drive and I didn't have a car, so, I walked. Through the Sahara Desert, through the corn fields of Nebraska, and through the hustle and bustle of large cities.

I started new, had my own life until one day, I was sitting on my couch when I heard a knock at the door. Two men in black garments looked at each other, nodded, and the one on the left proceed to knock me out. Everything went black.

A/N: You guys, I know it's been wayyy too long since I've updated this story, but things are really hectic in my life right now.... I have to go back to school soon and the chapters will be more spaced out. I really do apologize for not updating anything in forever but... Life gets in the way. I still <3 you guys to pieces and I'll try to update more often. :) ~R