t w o

Growing up, I was a quiet child, one who always kept to myself. As my powers slowly developed me into what I am today, I became more rebellious. my mother was always concerned, wondering why I was this way, and I thought life to be normal. Everyone else was the odd ones to me. I remember practicing my powers in my room as a preteen, fearing that if my father ever found out I was "special", he would hurt me. But instead, I could use it to control him. I realized at the age of 10, he needed me more than I needed him.

The first day of Kindergarten. I was scared. I didn't know anyone. I walked into the classroom full of children and everyone wouldn't stop staring into the windows of my soul. It sent chills running down my back when I blinked and everyone unfroze.
Math time came around and the teacher came around to check our work. I already finished the whole math workbook and was sitting quietly.
"Faith Isabelle Hunter! You might think you're all smart and all, but just y-"
I closed my eyes wishing to would all just stop. The screaming, the little kids looking at me.
I parted my eyes in order to see them all frozen again, like statues in Medusa's garden. I stood up and walked around a bit, not believing what I had just done. I walked next door to retrieve a first grade and second grade math workbook, to keep myself occupied. I trotted back into my own classroom and quietly took to my seat before closing my eyes for another 5 seconds and resuming this little but big world I was getting myself into.

How did I do that?

***
A/N: Hello everyone, second chappie! These are going to be fairly short, but maybe I'll throw in some long ones later on 😉. thank you all for reading, new chapter should be posted tomorrow. hope you have a great day! 😁 ~R