Chapter 1. Burn, Cynda, Burn!

• Dedicated to All Pikachu Worldwide.

Hi. I'm Pika Chu. Great name, I know. I live in the small town of New Bark in Johto. I live with my mum. My best friend lives next door. He's called Ethan. He has a Marril. I'm sooo jealous. But you joined me on the best day. The start of my Pokemon journey!

"Pika, I love you." Ethan whispered.

"I love you too, Ethan." I whispered back.

We were leaning in to kiss...

"Pika! Wake up. Time to get your first Pokemon."

It was Saturday morning. 8:30 to be precise. I'd just had another strange dream. I've been having those dreams since Monday, when Ethan's feelings for me had slipped out. No matter. Soon I can battle people. When I choose my Pokemon! I got dressed and rushed downstairs. My mum gave me my Trainer card. Then I was off.

As soon as I walked out of my front door, something bumped into me. A Marril. Ethan's Marril. Then, Ethan showed up and walked off without talking to me. I knew he was feeling nervous from Monday. So I let it pass.

The Pokemon Professor's lab was right next door to home. I went inside and Prof. Elm was waiting for me. He rambled on then let me pick a Pokemon. I already knew who I was picking. Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil didn't like his (yeah, he's a boy) Pokeball so I let him walk next to me. Prof. Elm asked if I wanted to name my new buddy, so I named him Cynda. Then, Prof. Elm told me to pick something up from his friend, Mr. Pokemon. So, I talked with mum, and was off into the world of Pokemon.

I don't remember all the Pokemon I battled but soon, Cynda had learned SmokeScreen. Yay. A couple minutes later, I arrived at Cherrygrove city, where an old man showed me around, then gave me a pair of Running Shoes. I visited the Pokemon Center because Cynda looked hungry, and so was I.(I never had breakfast). Then, I went north to Route 30. I watched a pair if boys battling. The boy with the Pidgey won. Then I went to Mr. Pokemon's house. He gave me a Mystery Egg, then Prof. Oak of Kanto gave me a Pokedex. When I walked outside, Prof. Elm called me and told me to get back to New Bark town. So, I ran back, but a trainer challenged me in Cherrygrove. He had a Totodile. I beat him, he pushed me but dropped his Trainer Card. His name was FireTyr. He snatched back his Card then I rushed back to New Bark to find that the Professor's Totodile had been stolen. A police officer thought it was me but Ethan ran in and protected me. I told the Officer about FireTyr and he was off. Ethan spoke briefly to me, then he also left. I gave the Mystery Egg to Prof. Elm then I went back to Route 29 and found Ethan there. He showed me how to catch a Pokemon, gave me some Pokeballs then left. My first Pokemon was a Sentret. I decided to call her Sentre, because she looked a bit French. I kept traveling, battled a couple of trainers, then my mum called. She told me off for not telling her where I was going. Then she offered to save my money for me.

When I got to Violet city, I went to the Pokemon Center to heal up Cynda and Sentre, and while they were healing, I went to the shop and bought some potions and Pokeballs.

Dingdong. "Pika, your Pokemon are all healed. Please come and collect them."

I picked them up then I went to the gym, since Cynda had learnt Ember.

"Open up. I wanna challenge the Gym Leader."

The doors opened. A fairly large man came out.

"Are you the Gym Leader?" I asked, disappointed at what I saw. He didn't have a single Pokeball on him.

"Me? Oh no. I'm Steve. The Gym Leader's Falkner. But you're not ready for him. Train at Sprout Tower, then you might be able to take him on. Even with your puny Cyndaquil. Haha."

"Cynda....QUIL!!!!!!"

Cynda had used Ember on Steve.

"So sorry, sir. We'll go to Sprout Tower right now. Cynda, bad Pokemon."

So, me and Cynda went to Sprout Tower. There were a few trainers. But, Cynda burned their Bellsprouts with Ember. When we got to the top, we found FireTyr, who had beaten the Elder, Elder Li (his name's funnier than mine.) FireTyr looked at me like he wanted to flirt. But, that's impossible, right?

So, I battled the Elder, won, and went to battle Falkner. It took a while, but I beat him, and earned my first badge, the Zephyr Badge. It was getting late so I decided to sleep at the Pokemon Center in Violet City.