Beginning of it all

Leah's p.o.v.

8 Years ago

"Daddy, daddy guess what I'm gonna do" I yelled, running to daddy. I gave him a very big bear hug.

"And what is that miss Leah" Daddy said as we walked into the house

"Im gonna volenteer for the hunger games, when I'm 15" I said. Daddy turned around and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Leah I dont want you involved with these thing. The only way I want you in the hunger games is if you get reaped or if prim gets reaped" Daddy looked at me with serious eyes

" Do you promise me that" Daddy said.

"Yes, daddy i promise" I said. Then we went to go eat.

********************************************

7 years later

"Ladies first" Effie said, digging her hand into the bowl. Pulling out a piece of paper.

"Primrose Everdeen" She called out. I start walking forward to volenteer. But Katniss beat me to it.

"Prim,Prim" Katniss screamed. The peacekeepers held her back

" I volenteer,I volenteer" She said pushing the peacekeepers back.

" I volenteer as tribute" Katniss said.

"Hell, no im volenteering if you like it or not" I said running out.

"Leah, Im volenteering" Katniss said, pshing me away.

"Ill take a no" I said pushing her back.

"Im older you listen to me"Katniss said starting to yell.

"I have more balls than you"I yelled.

"Yeah right you never killed anything in you stupid pathetic life" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

"you both can volenteer gosh, i never had this trouble in the whole experience of the reaping, get your buts up here" President Snow said standing. I smirked, while Katniss gave me ' are you tring to kill your self' look. My mom always gave me that look, because i was very accident prone, when i was little.We walked up to the stage.

"what is your names sweeties" Effie said.I went first.

" Leah Everdeen" I said scanning around for Prim. Gale must have got her.

Katniss Everdeen" Katniss said. Doing the same thing.

"Sister wow" Effie said suprised. She started talking about hell knows what. Then we were dragged into the Justice Building.