Freshman Orientation

Well.

Welcome to a story that's not PJO.

I hope you enjoy it- even if you don't know what Soul Eater is, I try my best to explain it for you as we go along- and if something doesn't make sense, feel free to comment. I love improving my writing :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door to the room slammed open, startling some of the students.

"I'm sorry! Am I late?" A girl cried, stumbling over her long white skirt, patterned with thick purple and black lines swirling up the fabric. She glanced around the room once or twice to find all eyes on her, and slowly turned red, hiding behind her straight cut bangs.

"No, you're just in time." A voice called up from the front. The girl pushed her long black hair out of her eyes and swept it over her shoulder, looking up to the man heading the class.

"Oh, Sid!" She cried, glad to see a familiar face. The blue, zombie man smiled, waving her up to the front.

"So you finally start school here at the DWMA today?" Sid asked, flipping through pages in a clipboard to check for her name. "Cassandra Death..." He muttered, checking her name off. The girl smiled widely, her golden eyes closing.

"You can call me Cassie." She decided. Sid nodded, rummaging around a bag of nametags. "Sorry I'm so late. I got lost in the hallways." She admitted.

"Cassie." Sid sighed, shaking his head. "You've practically grown up in the DWMA. You should know your way around by now." He reminded her. She shrugged.

"There's so much pressure on me right now!" She admitted. "Being a shinigami is hard- especially when Death the Kidd is your older brother. I've got standards to live up to!" She cried. Sid smiled slightly, scratching his head.

"It's alright. You'll do just fine." Sid dismissed her fears. "You're a meister, or a weapon...?" Sid asked, looking up at her. Cassie froze, a look of panic spreading through her eyes.

"I... I forgot." She admitted, scratching her head. Sid sighed.

"Luckily, I know you well enough to assign you to meister. I was always a man who remembered important things." Sid handed her a blue nametag that said meister on it.

"I wish I could say the same." Cassie muttered, fixing the tag onto her jacket. She turned around, inspecting the others in the room that would be part of her classes this year. A couple kids noticed her, and the usual mutters of shinigami and Lord Death's daughter echoed through the room. She put on a bright smile, beginning to interact with the students.

I can't find a weapon if I don't talk to anyone, now can I?

Another girl, on the other hand, seemed to think the opposite. This girl had dark brown hair cut in layers so that the longest strands laid over her shoulders, and her yellow-gold eyes roved the room, observing everyone. She had her arms crossed over her chest, but you could still read the meister label on her shirt.

She seemed to be looking for something, her eyes narrowing as she scanned the unfamiliar faces. A couple kids were doing the same as she, leaning up against the wall, avoiding contact with everyone else. Most others were socializing in the center of the room, learning names and laughing about something or other.

She was amazed by the diversity of the new students. Some were strikingly pale, others had dark skin, some had blue eyes, others green and even purple. Hair was all kinds of lengths, colors, and textures, and even their ages differed throughout the room. Two identical boys were pointing out a window, entranced by something. They certainly didn't look her age, much less act it.