Chapter 2:

I wake up to a loud thump. Followed by multiple more. It's the big guy, he's in the room. I open my tired eyes and sit up on my bed. My arm doesn't hurt as much today so there is no need to hold it any-more. I scan the room, in search for the guy. I look from left to right, when I come to the right side of my bed I see him standing there. Towering above me. His face is shadowed so I can not see it clearly. I look up at him and he gives out a loud grunt. It frightens me and I shuffle to the other side of the bed. He reaches down and grabs me by the leg. Pulling me back to my pillow and slamming me down into the bed. He holds me down until we hear the nurse walk in. The creature turns his head to the door and follows her with his eyes as she walks in, still holding me down. She looks at him and smiles. She lifts her hand and gives him a friendly hand gesture. He then forcefully releases his grip and stands up straight. She then gives him another signal and he exits the room. "How are you feeling today Brendan?" She said in her soft voice. I rubbed my chest and sat up. "Well I'm sore now" I replied back. "Don't worry about him, he's is really just a big softy" That one sentence coming from her mouth somehow made everything feel a little better. I lent my back against the wall and followed her with my eyes. She was walking around sorting something out, gathering supplies. I wasn't worried. It all felt better when she was here. She turned to me holding a clip board. "Everything is arranged, things will become clear soon Brendan" She said. My heart suddenly dropped. I no longer felt safe. Without another word she left the room. Taking her equipment with her. But this time she didn't close the door behind her.
This is my chance! I could get out of here. I looked around the room and quickly jumped down from my bed. I fixed my clothing and ran towards the door. Once I reached the big metal door I froze. Beyond the door was just a long black hall way. The light from my room lit up the first few meters of the hallway. I could see that the walls were made of concrete. I couldn't see any guards. I could see anyone for that matter. Something was off. I slowly shuffled my feet forward and I touched the cold concrete wall. This didn't feel real. I looked down the hallway and I could see a faint light.
I started to walked down the dark path. It became darker the more I went in. I could no longer see the white light from my room in front of me. My heart started to pound. My hands started to shake and I felt sick. As the faint light became brighter my mind started to race. What if they are waiting for me? What if this is all just their plan? Or what if I finally get out?... I stopped, I could not move. My legs started to feel like jelly and I collapsed to the ground. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Painful ones. What are they going to do with me? was the only thing running through my mind. what are they going to do. 

Suddenly I hear a noise. It made me jump. It must be them. They must know that I am out. It sounded like someone was running. I stood there frozen standing in the hallway. I was preparing myself for what might be coming next. The person was coming closer and I could not move. Then I hear a sound that soothed my thoughts. It was a guys voice, he was calling my name. The voice sounded boy. I looked down the hallway to see the silhouette of a boy running towards me. I let out a large breath and shouted back. He came closer and grabbed my arm. I followed as he ran back down the hallway, edging me along. I looked up at the boys face. It was him. The boy. He was alive, I was so overjoyed that I am no longer alone. He started to run faster and pulled me more. I couldn't keep up as I was tired. My legs still felt like jelly. "Come'on we need to get out of here! We only have one chance." He  shouted back to me. I took a big breath and stood up straight and went along. My energy was coming back and the adrenalin was kicking in. I felt so alive.

We finally came to the door. It had a bright white  light shining through. I stopped, I didn't know what to say. The boy looked at me and was speaking to me. But I could hear him, I was in shock. What if this is a trap? What if we are going to get caught? He tugged on my sleeve and pointed to where we were going to go. He pointed to a little door on the left side of the white room. We were still standing in the black door way so nobody would be able to see us. I looked around the ceiling to see if there were any cameras or anything that they may see us with, the boy started tried to look around the room to see if the coast was clear. He nodded his head and we headed for the our destination. Half way there I stopped cold. Something wasn't right. I called for him to stop. Suddenly the door we were headed for broke open and the big giant rushed through. He had a big grin on his face and let out a sickening chuckle.