Chapter 1: Can Food Cause PTSD?

This is my first official fanfic or story (whatever you want to call it), I have shared with anyone. Just a little info this is a set up chapter and the real stuff happens in the second chapter but there are still funny moments in here. Hopefully you'll have as much fun reading it as I did writing it.

Enjoy!

        The hot sun shone brightly through the wooden framed windows landing directly on the bed as a young girl moaned in frustration pulling the covers over her head. A blustering headache had taken hold of her brain, she was already regretting going to the guild party last night. Fairy Tail had decided they needed to liven up the place that day, despite only the day before Natsu Dragneel and Gray Fullbuster had been knocked out by Erza because their fighting was too early in the morning for her sake. From there she decided she wanted a party and no one was going to cross paths with she-beast about it.

           When the lovely blonde finally arrived at the guild coming back from a job she and Natsu had just finished they both ran inside smelling the good food that Mira must have been making. Instantly regretting entering the building Lucy turned around and started to leave as a strong arm grabbed the back of her blue and white shirt and threw her backwards landing on her back. What in the world? She thought as she looked up and noticed a very drunk Cana standing above her smirking.

        "Lucy! I challenge you to a dual! Whoever drinks the least beer has to kiss Natsu on the lips" she snickered as she spoke the last bit leaning closer to Lucy's face.

        Thrown back by what Cana just said she stuttered, "W-what type of challenge is that?" she replied with a horrified expression quickly glancing at Natsu, blushing with just the thought of doing something like that.

       Noticing the slight blush on Lucy's pale face Cana smirked and leaned back to a standing position looming over Lucy. "Are you to wimpy to kiss that idiot? Or is it that you like him?" she spoke smiling while gulping down the glass of beer she had in her left hand. Of course I don't like Natsu Lucy thought. I have no feelings for that dense dragon slayer, let alone he will tease me about this for weeks if I actually do it! Then shock hit her so suddenly she was lost at a for words knowing that not just Natsu would tease her, the entire guild would never let her live the embarrassing moment down!

      Lost in her own thoughts she didn't notice that Cana had started to yell. "Hey everyone, Lucy likes--" Shrieking Lucy jumped to her feet and covered Cana's mouth before she could say anything that was true. Quickly glancing around herself she checked to see if any of her guild mates and friends had heard anything drunk Cana had yelled.

      Luckily no one seemed to be paying attention; Natsu and Gray were butting heads while Juvia hid behind a pillar to the left ogling Gray with her eyes, Master had just started yelling at the barrel of beer on the counter of the bar challenging it to a dual. Levy was sitting in the corner trying to read unsuccessfully, and determined that it would take too much effort with all the noise and settled on glaring at everyone. Erza sat on the last upright table protectively eyeing her strawberry cake making sure no one smashed it. Mira still stood behind the bar smiling with glee seeing that most everyone was having a great time.

     Deciding behind the bar would be the safest place until this entire thing blew over Lucy dashed across the guild hall but not before Cana grabbed her collar and began to drag her back to the table where there was a pile of empty beer glasses.

     "Someone help me!" Lucy screeched while flailing her arms and legs about trying to claw her way out of the challenge. She didn't want to even think about kissing anyone, it would be her first kiss! How lame would that be if her first kiss was because she lost to a drinking game? Cana will surely win this, Lucy thought disappointingly. My first kiss will forever mock me; it won't even be close to the kisses in my novels! Huffing out an exasperated breath she finally sat down on the table that Cana had been drinking at and looked one more time at Natsu. He had just devoured 3 sticks of fire and a burp mixed with smoke and the smell of sulfur filled the air.