Be Careful What You Wish For

Judas leaned over the rail, cradling his whiskey between his hands. His taste for the amber nectar spoiled by the sight in front of him, hundreds of his fellow ilk filled the seedy bar, and like a sinful congregation their eyes filled with lustful longing to hear the words of their dark priest.  Lucifer, how he hated the oversized cherub and his chiselled jaw line.

"Soon." He muttered, soon he would be the one sat in the iron throne, left-right and centre stage, soon he would be using Lucifer's back as his own personal foot rest.   

"Boss, do you think she'll come?"

"She'll come." Judas smirked. The silver coin lining his jacket pocket would make sure of it. And if not, the present he'd made sure to acquire would make certain she came.

"We got him, boss."

Glancing over his shoulder, Judas nodded at his subservient. Showtime, he grimace as he knocked back his whiskey with a sigh. Tossing his empty glass, he turned and faced the kid his men held in their grip.

"Mr Delaney, do you mind if I call you Tom?" Judas smiled as he wrapped his arm around the boy's shoulder.

"Who are you? and what do you want from me?" Tom muttered.

"What you should ask is, What can I do for you? and as to who I am. Well I hope once we've finished our conversation, I will be your friend and I can guarantee you've never had a friend like me."

Despite the lad's depressingly  dark morbid appearance, his soul lit up like a christmas tree, untainted and fresh. His men had done brilliantly, he had asked for a fairly pure soul with a wish to murder in his heart. And what they had brought him far exceed his expectation. Yes him and Mr Delaney will be the best of friends.

"So my boy, the word on the street is that you're hoping to make someone disappear." Judas whispered in the kid's ear.

"I don't know what you're on about." Tom squirmed in Judas's hold, his eyes scanned his surrounding nervously.

"We're not with the police, kid." Judas laughed, "On the contrary, in fact we're the kind of friends that could help you."

"How do I know you're not with police, you could be trying to trap me."

"Take a look around you kid. Does this place scream undercover cop to you?" Judas waved his hand in a smooth arch, inviting the boy to look below the balcony's edge.

Lust filled sweat misted the air, women scantly clad gyrated against their chosen partner. Red and blue strobes pulsed, as if matching the gasps and moans of the dancers below. Darken corners, hid the couples feasting on one another. Drooling on lookers- like dogs watched silently, waiting for the scraps from the table.

"No" He muttered in reply.

"No, it's screams debauchery and acts of the darkest nature. This place attracts those who want experience the down right criminal, things they couldn't get away with in polite society and guy other there is the reason why." Judas pointed down to the iron throne, where his highness sat.

"He's..... He's" Tom stuttered

"The perfection of beauty," Judas spat. "Vanity,pride and corrupted wisdom, so on and so forth."

"Who is he?"

"He my friend, is the head honcho, Le Diablo."

"The Devil?" Tom chuckled nervously.

"You got it in one, Kid."

"You mean that's his nickname?" The boy asked.

"No, I mean he's the real thing, the infamous prince of darkness." Judas smirked as the lad's eyes widened. "Come now, take another look at the crowd, and tell me you don't notice something different about them.