Chapter 3

Zayn's P.O.V.

I walked out of the room, quietly shutting the door behind me. I turned back to the room looking through the small window on the door back to this girl I just happened to save. I smiled watching her adjust herself and slowly fall asleep.

I tore myself away from this peaceful, yet sad scene and began walking towards the lobby of the building.

"Excuse me, sir!" someone yelled to me from across the room.

My glance shifted to where the voice was coming from. It came from the woman at the front desk who had helped me only hours earlier, finding the girl a doctor and a room.

"Oh," I began, "Well hello again, is there something you need to tell me?"

"Well, I was wondering who was going to pay for this girl's procedure and hospital stay. It's going to be a bit pricey and I don't think she has any money."

"Erm, I can pay. It's the least I can do for- uh, what is her name?"

"Catarina Jones."

"Right, well it's the least I can do for Catarina." I replied smiling back at this sweet little woman behind the counter.

She took my card, we sorted out details for the payments and when we finished she looked as if she were about to break into a million little pieces.

"Miss, are you alright?" I asked softly.

She sniffled, "Oh I'm perfectly alright, it's just that you don't see someone this generous every day. Especially when they don't even know who they are helping."

This realization made me feel warm inside and I was beaming as I said to her, "Well, why let someone else suffer when you don't have to?"

She smiled and I leaned over the counter and gave her a small hug before I went to my car.

I was on my way out of the building, but something didn't feel right. I checked to see if I had forgotten anything and it was then I realized I forgot my overcoat.

Turning back to go get it, I thought more about this whole situation. I haven't really had time to let this sink in yet, what had really happened.

Poor Catarina, alone in that hospital bed. No family around to help her- and there was a knife wound and a bullet hole.

Did she get jumped on her way home?

I have no clue, but along with getting my overcoat, I am going to get some answers.

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thanks for the reading guys! Tell your friends about the story! I'm writing more now and once I get a lot more written, I will get a posting schedule, sorry it's been so long! Love you, vote, and comment!