Chapter 13- Jingle Bell Rockin'

Alexandra's Point of View

"Hey! Alex, smile!" Rose said as she took a snapchat of our 'studying'. It was the weekend before finals and also the weekend of the last Stars game in the regular season. Rose and I were laying out in lounge chairs in bikinis while attempting to study, but kept getting distracted by text messages, the dog and summer plans.

"Who's that going to?" I asked, glancing down at my journalism final prompt again. We had to have an article typed up covering an event we had been to over the last semester, focusing on our future area of interest. Of course I had chosen to write my report on a Stars game, but I didn't know where to begin.

"Jazzy, Derek and Jamie," she answered, before highlighting a sentence from her history textbook. "How's that journalism report coming? Got more than the opening sentence yet?"

"Jamie as in Jamie Benn? And um nope." I laughed and closed my eyes, letting the warm sun hit my face.

Rose closed her history textbook and grabbed my laptop where I had my notes written. It was from the game I had watched back in Boston, before Tyler and I had our first date. "Hey wait. Most of this is about Jamie and Tyler from Boston. What if you wrote your article on Tyler's transition from Boston to Dallas and Tyler's friendship with Jamie? Their chemistry on ice is great, but they're also awesome friends." She suggested. "Oh and yeah, that Jamie."

I looked back and forth being my notes and the rough outline of the article. "I mean, it's been done before, but I could do it. It would actually work. It'd just have to include some more information about the same game. Plus it helps that I know them personally so I can include some more information. Thanks Rose!" I reached over and hugged her.

A shadow appeared in front of me, blocking my sun. "Cheating on me now?" Tyler asked, a slight smirk playing on his face.

"Yup," I laughed. "I like my girlfriend more than I like you."

They both laughed as Tyler said, "Come here and kiss me, I'm off to Arizona for the last game of the season."

I continued to sit on my lounge chair, staring at him. "I don't think my girlfriend would like that?" I laughed as he gave me a look of unamusement. "I'm kidding. Come here. I'm too lazy to get off this lounge chair." Tyler bent down and kissed me quickly. Before he could pull away to far, I grabbed his face and kissed him again deeply. "I'll pick you up at the airport tomorrow morning."

Tyler looked at the mess of textbooks, open note books and our two laptops spread out around the patio and shook his head. "Get all your studying done today. I want you all to myself tomorrow afternoon. I promise it will be worth it." He winked before walking back over to the door to the house, yelling "love you," before walking into the house.

"I love you too!" I yelled, watching him disappear into the house before getting back to work on my article.

Rose slammed down my laptop screen a few seconds later. "Seriously? Are we not going to discuss the fact that you're basically spending all of tomorrow afternoon in bed with him? We need to go shopping. Your lingerie is so old. Say we work for another hour and then hit Victoria's Secret? Pleaseee Alex," she begged.

"Okay fine. Another hour. I need to get this assignment done. It's all I've got left."

An hour later the two of us were flying down the highway in Tyler's jeep, singing Luke Bryan at the top of our lungs. Rose reached over to the volume and turned it down. "Hey Alex?" She asked.

"What's up?" I answered, glancing over at her before turning my eyes back to the road.

"The other night Jazzy and I were talking about getting an apartment together for next year. I know you basically live at Tyler's but do you want to go in on it with us?" She asked. "You don't have to decide now but it'll be weird not living with you next year."