Prologue

Alex's POV

I was freaking out. My nerves and excitement were mixing together. I felt like I was going to throw up but in a good way. Today was the day I was going to the Sleeping with Sirens meet & greet. I had thrown on any Sleeping with Sirens merch I could find, which was a lot. I was finishing up my makeup right as my best friend Carmen arrived.

"A little much don't you think?" Carmen asked. I rolled my eyes. I knew she would make a comment about it but that didn't make it any less annoying.

"Shut up. I have to stick out. Besides I'm showing I'm a true die hard fan." I laughed.

"Whatever. You ready to go?" She said with fake annoyance.

"Yeah, just let me grab my shoes and then we can go." I said running for my Converses. After putting them on I ran out my room and down the stairs, hearing Carmen giggling as she followed. I jumped in the passenger seat just as Carmen was starting the engine. The drive was long and agonizing. We listened to music on the way there. I began dancing a singing along to Congratulations by Sleeping with Sirens featuring Matty Mullins. Finally we pulled up to place and I jumped out.

"ALEX WAIT FOR ME!" Carmen yelled out after me. I slowed to a walking pace as Carmen caught up with me. As we walked in my nerves began to get worse as I saw Kellin Quinn. I grabbed my seat in the front row, we paid a lot for these tickets. I looked at the time on my IPhone and saw it was 6:55 p.m. Just 5 more minutes till it started.

The five minutes went by pretty fast since Carmen was truth there. She mostly cracked jokes on the people who complimented me on my outfit. Soon the room filled with cheers as Sleeping with Sirens arrived. Everyone was either screaming "I love you" or "OMG". I was interchanging between the two and screamed even louder as Kellin made eye contact with me. Kellin grabbed the microphone and began to speak.

"Wassup guys. Glad to see all of you guys here and we just want to thank you so much. So let's begin with questions." He said and all hands flew up, including mine.

"Ummm, you." He said pointing to a girl in the back. "What's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Sara and my question is would any of you ever date a fan?" Sara asked. All the members nodded but Kellin spoke.

"Of course. If I fall in with a fan then that's just that." The rest of the questions went on like that until he got to me.

"First I want to say very nice outfit. Second, what's your name and question?" Kellin asked.

"Thank you. I love you guys. But anywhore I'm Alex and I was wondering how does it feel to know that you saved the lives of so many people including myself?" I asked getting teary eyed.

"It feel amazing and it makes this job so much better. You look like you have a story." He said. I looked at him confused.

"A story? I have a whole novel." I said chuckling through the tears.

"I can tell." He said before continuing. "The prettiest people in this world have the ugliest stories. The nicest people in the world are the ones who gets treated the harshest. The ones who are always there, are the ones who get left behind. What's your story?" I began to cry as I remembered all the memories.

"Don't want to share to the public?" I shook my head.

"What about we meet up after and you tell me and me only?" I nodded smiling shyly. I would be alone with Kellin Quinn. The nerves were now gone and replaced with excitement.

I would be alone with the very person who kept me off the edge. The very person who made me realize I was worth it. Now I get to tell him the story of how my life changed in less than a year and how he helped me get through it.