• C H A P T E R T W O •

Everyone freezes and stares at me. The first one to speak up is a Chinese girl that wears a cheerleading uniform.

"A newbie? Finally!" she exclaims walking over and hugging me.

Um, ok.

"Nice to meet you to," I say.

She laughs. "I'm Caroline Rose. Not your average Chinese teen - I'm a cheerleader, get straight As, and love to partay! Who are you?"

"I'm Daria Shah, not your average Indian teen I guess. I'm half-German, get straight As, love to dance, and have contacts?" I say with a shrug.

"Awesome, I'm Luke," one of the other members says walking up to me. "I'm not your average football player. I get decent grades, have never kissed or dated a girl, hate partying, and love writing." He had blond hair and brown eyes, is tall, and has a water bottle in his hand.

Was everyone introducing themselves as strayer from stereotypes?

"Next is me, I guess," a pretty blond-haired, blue-eyed girl says, walking up to us. "My name is Lola. I'm not your average blonde girl. I hate cheerleading, hate sports, and love reading."

"And last but not least, me!"

I turn to look at the guy, who creepily, is behind me. He has black hair like me and Caroline and green eyes. "My name is Kyle and I'm awesome. I don't even know what my stereotype is, people say I look like a "bad boy", but I love to play guitar and make jokes! And I love to dance!" And then he dances across the room.

This is totally not weird at all.

"What do you think?" all four of them say at once, eight eyeballs staring me expectantly.

I giggle and toss my backpack aside. "This is awesome!" I yell. "It's so different from any school I've been to - it's like everyone is bound to a stereotype. And you guys are uh-may-zing!"

Then, someone throws a pillow at me - Kyle.
"Pillow fight? We still have ten minutes till first period!"

Ah yes, this is the life, I think to myself, before grabbing the pillow next to me and chucking it into Caroline's face.