Chapter One... The Broken Mirror (Amelia)

Are you able to figure out what this means?

What you don't see

What's not there

You are the one

You are the heir

You are the key

To finding the truth

And you will spill

The Blood of Youth.

No? Well we didn't when we first read it.

My name is Amelia, and my brother here is Carson. In Chicago, we're just the Brones. Nothing special about us. You wouldn't know our names, you would just say we're ordinary siblings. But in Kelia, things are a bit different. Everyone knows we are legends, even before we did it ourselves.

[Amelia, give me the pen. I want to say something.]

{No, Carson, the chapter isn't done yet! You know the rule!}

Sorry about that. Sometimes Carson can be really annoying.

As I was saying before Carson rudely interrupted, things changed a lot when we found the broken mirror. So we're going to tell you our story of how we became magical, only to fall again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glass clattered to the ground. A girl stood in her house's bathroom, looking at the broken glass that was once a mirror. The girl bit her lip, scared to say anything. She knew it was her fault, it was true. But there was something that was wrong. The way the mirror broke, it was all.. Wrong. It was like the mirror broke from the inside, if someone inside it broke the glass.

The girl picked up a decent sized piece of the mirror that resembled a sort of oval with points going up and down at the end. She looked at herself through it and saw something strange. Instead of seeing her long red hair, green eyes, and thousands of freckles, she saw a girl with shortish long blonde hair, blue eyes, and some sort of white dress. It was only for a second, then it flashed and the girl saw herself again.

Now that was enough to make the girl scared.

[You? Scared? Really?]

{Shut up, Carson..}

The girl slowly put the piece of glass in her pocket. She walked out and slowly closed the bathroom door. She walked out, to see her brother in his room playing a videogame. Clearly it was a horror one, because he was freaking.

[Shut up, I wasn't freaking!]

{You were breathing hard and swearing!}

[It was a scary game!]

The girl smirked, and creeped into his room. He faced the other side of the room, so he didn't see her come in.

"Ahh!" She screamed.

He screamed, jumping up. "Foutre! Vous petite salope!" He yelled at her in French. As you can probably tell, he was swearing.

"Jeeze, jeeze! I'm sorry!" The girl said, backing away out of his room. She did not want to be his next target practice.

The girl ran into her bedroom, and put the piece of glass in a droor next to her bed. Remembering the other broken glass in the bathroom, she ran in the bathroom and saw that the glass was...

Gone. As was the frame of the mirror.

The girl immediately thought her parents picked it up, but then remembered that they were out at the store. Her brother couldn't of possibly picked up.

So who did?