Chapter Two... The Note (Carson)

The boy, who had just lost his game because of his sister, looked to see her running in his room. It was all so strange, because she never ran into his room. Ever. So something was wrong. "Carson!!" She breathed. 

"Yeah, that's my name.. What's wrong?" Carson replied, getting up from his seat. 

The girl sighed. "Well you know the small mirror in the bathroom?" She asked.

"Yeah.."

"Well, er.. I er.. Sort of broke it."

"You did what?? Mom and dad are going to kill you when they find it.."

"That's the thing. They won't!"

"Amelia, you're crazy. What do you mean?" He asked her. 

Amelia told Carson what happened with the way it broke, seeing the girl, and the glass and the frame missing. 

"Okay, that is scary. Maybe we should investigate. Is the piece of glass you have still here?" Carson asked after she explained everything. 

"Let's go see." Amelia said, and the two of them walked outside and into her room. 

Her room was neat and clean. The walls were painted a light shade of green, and the ceiling blue. Her bed was right next to the wall when you came in, and behind it was a pink and green "hugglepod". There was a moving nightstand with a small and a bigger drawer in it. She had a trunk on the other side of her room, and a big cabinet that stretched along the wall with square holes, drawers, and doors. On top of it, she had her weapons assorted out; her toy light up bow and arrow, real bow and arrow, really cool wooden sword with dragon ducktape on the handle, plastic sword, and two wooden stakes. There were pictures of her and her best friends, and another cabinet with two doors on top, too. Carson assumed it had her clothes. 

There also were assortments of knick knacks and art and sculptures. Her cat, Helios, was asleep on her bed. Carson had a cat too, but she was his room. 

Carson sat down on Amelia's bed. He started to pet Helios, who woke up and started purring. 

"So," Carson said, still petting Helios, "Where did you put it?" 

"Here." Amelia answered, taking the piece of glass out of her nightstand. She was right. It was odd. "Let me see," He bit his lip.

Amelia gave him the piece of mirror. It was exactly as she said. He saw a boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a white shirt instead of himself, but only for a split second. 

"Wha-"

Somewhere downstairs, something broke. The two siblings looked at each other with wide eyes, and ran out to the hall. They ran down the stairs, through the "white room" as they called it, through the dining room, through the kitchen, and down the other stairs to the living room. They looked around, and Amelia ran down stairs to the basement/office, while Carson ran to the wet room. The door was open, and he ran out to the garage. 

There, Carson saw a man run out of the garage door. "Hey!" Carson shouted. 

Amelia ran to where Carson was, the two of them panting.

 The man was gone, and in his place, was a piece of paper.