Prologue.

There were three things my father told me before he died. One, a lion never loses sleep over the opinions of a sheep. Two, no good decision was ever made sitting in a swivel chair. And three, never trust a man in a suit.

When my father died, I was left with the empire he built. I was only 21 at the time, but I had training from a young age to run this corporation. I knew it was up to me to make this corporation even more of a success than it already was. I knew it was hard but I was determined to do it. No matter what I had to do, I had to make my father proud. I had to prove to him that he made the right decision in choosing me as the heir.

My father left me the only thing he loved more than me. The China Construction Bank. It is the second most valuable company in the world, according to Forbes, which measures sales, profits, assets and market value. In this case, those numbers are $130.5 billion, $37 billion, $2.7 trillion and $212.9 billion.

I was so close to becoming the top. I could almost touch it. My company was making top sales, stocks and shares were being fought over. I just had to overcome one obstacle. My only competition throughout all these years. The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. The first Chinese bank to be awarded a UK branch licence, heads the table. It has a chart-topping $3.3 trillion in assets, as well as a market value of 4278.3 billion, sales of $166.8 billion and profits of $44.8 billion, making it the most profitable company in the world.

But I had a plan. This was my year and I was going to take it by storm. They won't even know what hit them. After all the secret to business is to know something no one else knows. They don't call this the Corporate World for nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!
Still learning the tricks of the trade.
Hope you guys enjoyed reading a preview on what's to come.
I'm going to try to write as much as possible to make this a really good story.
Feel free to leave me any feedback! Criticism is encouraged, I want this story to turn out well :)

Thank You! Xoxox

-Lai