Chapter One.

I woke up to the sound of the captain speaking through the loud speaker. His husky voice was the only thing my ears heard the last fourteen hours. I opened my eyes slightly to adjust to the dimmed lighting. The dimmed enclosure soon turned bright as I fully opened my eyes. I sighed at the thought that I had another two hour flight to Beijing.

"Ladies & Gentlemen, we are now approaching Seoul where the local time is 09:00 PM. At this stage you should be in your seat with your seatbelt firmly, fastened. We are now preparing to land. May I remind you to complete your arrival and immigration documentation by the time we arrive. We hope you enjoyed the flight and have a great night."

As great as flying first class is, a flight to Asia always beats your ass. Opening the window I saw Seoul's city lights seep through the darkness of the night. As beautiful as it was, there is nothing like New York. I'll miss New York but I'll be back in three months. Four months maximum. However, three months is the perfect amount of time to complete my plan. I don't know what the newbie looks like, but any newbie should make this plan easier.

I was going to Beijing for one thing and one thing only. To attend the meeting that will determine the faith of my company's future. It was up to me to fulfill the stages that needed to be completed. Once completed I can return to New York a champion. If I can complete my duties in Beijing, my company will be number one in no time.

I got through immigration surprisingly quick. I then headed to the luggage conveyor belt to pick up my suitcases. Standing at the conveyor belt felt like ages but I was finally able to find my suitcases and drag them to the boarding gate where I should depart at 10:30.

I sighed as I sat down on the hard grey chair. I rolled my luggage to the right side into an empty space as I realized that the boarding area was getting crowded and there were not many empty seats left for people to sit. Lifting up my arm, I checked the time on my watch. It was past 10:30 already, but boarding is never on time.

An announcement suddenly came on the loud speaker. "이 베이징 에 비행 (232) 에 승객을위한발표 입니다 . 비행 은 나쁜 기상 조건 으로 인해 지연 되고있다. 운항 승무원 은 게이트 에 도착 했지만, 지상 승무원 은 여전히 ​​제빙 되는 항공기의 날개를 . 우리의 새로운 출발 시간 7:00 분. "

("i beijing e bihaeng (232) e seung-gaeg-eul-wihan balpyo ibnida . bihaeng eun nappeun gisang jogeon eulo inhae jiyeon doegoissda. unhang seungmuwon eun geiteu e dochag haessjiman, jisang seungmuwon eun yeojeonhi ​​jebing doeneun hang-gong-giui nalgaeleul . uliui saeloun chulbal sigan 7:00 bun. ")

Looking around I heard people sighing and slumping back into their chairs. My Korean was a little rusty and I only knew some Korean that could help me with business interactions. But I wasn't able to catch what the lady on the loud speaker was saying. For some reason there was not an English version of the lady spoke. There usually was, but I guess not today.

I looked to my left and two seats down there seemed to be someone who understood the announcement.

He was wearing a dark grey suit and his dark brown hair was perfectly styled. I could tell by the way the suit was made it was expensive. Gucci? Louis Vuitton? He was wearing a light blue dress shirt with the first two buttons undone. He had long muscular legs that the suit fit perfectly around. He had of had it sized and custom made. It was a perfect fit. Not too tight but tight enough. He had the shiny classic black shoe to complete his almost perfect outfit that suited his looks.

"Um, excuse me?" I poked the disappointed man.

He pulled the earbuds from his ear and looked at me.

"Do you know what the announcement said? My Korean isn't good and I didn't catch what the lady said."

God I hope I picked someone who could speak English. He looked like he was in his early twenties too. He had darker skin like me and it looked like he was just naturally tan. Then he spoke and his beautiful, raspy voice made my stomach sink.

"The lady said that there will be a delay due to the unexpected weather conditions. We will depart at 7 tomorrow morning" he said with a shoulder shrug.

"There seems to be a sudden snow storm and she said they are cleaning up the runways but it is still to dangerous to fly"

"Great" I replied.

"Tell me about it" he said taking out a bag of M&Ms.

"Do you want one?" He asked me gesturing to me to take one.

"Thank you"

I took the bag and took a red and yellow M&M.
M&Ms were actually my favorite candy. I was relieved that there was something that reminded me of home.

"Good choice" I said implying to the fact they were the peanut ones and not the regular ones. I then handed him the bag back.

"I prefer peanut M&Ms" he spoke while taking the bag from my hand.

He had long boney fingers that were rough and looked like they took a beating from the winter winds.

I turned around and and dug through my purse until I found the desired bottle I was looking for.

"I have some cream... Do you want some?"

"Sure. Is it that obvious?" He chuckled as he held out his hand.

I squeezed a small amount of cream into his hand.

"Where from the U.S. Are you from?" He asked.

"How do you know I'm from the U.S.? Is it that obvious?" I said with a laugh.

He gave a quiet laugh. "The brand of the cream. They only sell that in states."

"Oh, I'm from New York, how about you?"

"I'm from Korea, but I mainly live in Beijing for work. Why are you headed to Beijing?"

"Work." I simply replied. "Anyway, I better get some sleep. Thanks for the M&Ms"

I then slid back to my seat and let my head fall back. It was going to be a long night, so I let the darkness take over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank You for all the reads already! It's actually very surprising! I hope you all enjoyed the first part of many.

Thank You again

-Lai