Chapter Two.

(Her name is pronounced Lay-La)

"Laila, you need to get out of here"

"I can't leave you here" I said trying to move but a stabbing sensation hit my chest. I clenched my shirt and hunched over. I didn't say anything because I knew I had only a few precious seconds left.

"If you don't get out now we will both be dead. Listen to me carefully. They have the USB. If you can get that..."

His eyes suddenly turned to glass. Motionless inanimate glass. The light brown eyes I used to know turned dark and stormy. The sliced hand that held mine lost its grasp and let go. The warm old hand was cut by the window glass and it turned ice cold. Warm thick blood still ran down, leaving multiple paths of dark liquid on on his arm. The red fluid that used to flow throughout his body stopped and stood at a standstill. His head fell to the side and I could see the fresh blood run out of his nose and out of his ears. He was dead and there was nothing I could do about it. A tear ran down my face. It was full of regret and anger. I just did not make any sense.

Suddenly the front of the car blew up. I closed my eyes hoping to get out of this horrible world I was living my entire life. None of it made any sense. It never made any sense. I felt suffocated and it felt like I was drowning, but I knew I was dying.

"Excuse me? Miss, Excuse me?"

I looked up and saw a male paramedic standing over me. His face was blurry and I couldn't make out what he looked like.

"Excuse me miss? Miss?"

I jolted up from the hard grey seat and saw the guy in the suit that sat two seats down from me standing above me. I looked around and saw I was still in the airport.

"Miss? Are you okay?"

I looked at him dazed and confused. I felt my face and there was salty water covering my cheeks. My eye lashes were drenched in tears and my eyes felt dry.

"It looked like you were having a nightmare. Are you okay? You were crying and mumbling. It seemed pretty bad..." The man in the suit said awkwardly.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry to wake you... What time is it?" I said noticing that darkness still shone through the airport glass.

He lifted up his arm and checked the watch that sat in his wrist.

"It's two o'clock in the morning" He said with a husky deep voice.

"I'm really sorry I woke you." I said with a sigh. I stretched my arms and rolled my neck around. My neck cracked from the stiffness.

"It's alright. I can't sleep either anyways."

"Ha. That makes two of us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"신사 숙녀 여러분 , 서울 에서 북경 서비스 비행 4B7 온보드 환영합니다. 우리는 이륙 을위한 라인에 현재 세 번째 이며, 약 7 분 시간에 공중에 있을 것으로 예상된다. 우리는 당신이 이 시간에 안전 벨트 를 고정 하고 좌석 아래 또는 오버 헤드 구획 에 모든 수하물 을 확보 하시기 바랍니다. 우리는 또한 당신의 좌석과 테이블 트레이 가 이륙 수직 위치에 있는지 부탁드립니다. 노트북과 휴대 전화를 포함한 모든 개인 전자 기기 의 전원을 끄고 하시기 바랍니다. 흡연은 비행 기간 동안 금지되어 있습니다. 중국 항공 을 선택해 주셔서 감사합니다. 당신의 비행을 즐길 수 있습니다."

(sinsa sugnyeo yeoleobun , seoul eseo buggyeong seobiseu bihaeng 4B7 onbodeu hwan-yeonghabnida. ulineun ilyug eul-wihan lain-e hyeonjae se beonjjae imyeo, yag 7 bun sigan-e gongjung-e iss-eul geos-eulo yesangdoenda. ulineun dangsin-i i sigan-e anjeon belteu leul gojeong hago jwaseog alae ttoneun obeo hedeu guhoeg e modeun suhamul eul hwagbo hasigi balabnida. ulineun ttohan dangsin-ui jwaseoggwa teibeul teulei ga ilyug sujig wichie issneunji butagdeulibnida. noteubuggwa hyudae jeonhwaleul pohamhan modeun gaein jeonja gigi ui jeon-won-eul kkeugo hasigi balabnida. heub-yeon-eun bihaeng gigan dong-an geumjidoeeo issseubnida. jung-gug hang-gong eul seontaeghae jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. dangsin-ui bihaeng-eul jeulgil su issseubnida.)

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight 4B7 with service from Seoul to Beijing. We are currently third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately seven minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing China Airlines. Enjoy your flight."

I looked out my window, and saw the airport runway. I then thought back about my nightmare. It's been the third time this week I got this same reoccurring dream. Usually I am able to make out a clear face of the paramedic. The paramedic changes every time. Sometimes he has blonde hair, other times he had brown hair. Sometimes he has curly hair, other times he has straight hair. Everything is the same in the dream except for the paramedic. Same car, same words, same thoughts. But the paramedic changes his appearance and I'm usually able to make out a clear distinction of his features. Some reason, this time I was not able to see anything. His face was blurry and all I could see was his uniform.

Looking ahead of a few seats, I saw the man in the suit again. He was breathing heavily for some reason, and he couldn't stop tapping his foot. He then took out a black pouch and searched for something. Pulling out a pill container, he opened the container and poured two white rectangular pills into his hand. Popping them into his mouth and washing it down with water seemed to do the trick. He calmed down but the tapping in his foot soon traveled to his hands.

I took my phone out to check my emails before take off. I opened up an email that my assistant Jackson sent me. I had asked him to do a background check for me on the new CEO of The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, but the email read that there were no available pictures or useful information on him. Though this guy is a newbie, he's already good at playing the game, whether he knows it or not.

Turning off my cell phone, I closed my eyes and let them roll to the back of my head.

I just want to get in and out of Beijing as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you are all enjoying the story so far. I know it's slow but I will pick up in the next few chapters. I promise ><
Excuse the length of this chapter. Unfortunately I can not promise lengthy chapters or exact dates that I will be publishing new parts to this story :(. I will, however be writing whenever I get the chance which will be either Friday's or Sunday's... Or both. Haha

Thank You again

-Lai